To Be a Starved Dog

To Be a Starved Dog

A Story by Joshua Schultz
"

An analogy of the modern lifestyle and our upbringing by a corporate machine.

"
There was a time when the human objective was to contribute a legacy to the world and feel as if one has improved it, an era of evolution and honor for society. When people mention their contributions now it is nearly unbearable not spitting at the notion. Our contributions now are as the pets and tools of the over privileged; starved and brainwashed by profiteering and consumerism, made to crave arbitrary furnishings and wealth. The few who break away from this frivolous ignorance are treated as rejects for their individualism, as if an over sized bed and a flat screen television equate the difference between humanity and monstrosity. In truth all that is proven is our nature as a generation of greedy misers, a swarming symbol of death to altruism and freedom, and a directionless race whose only goal is to die entombed by the things they were told to strive for by strangers.

© 2014 Joshua Schultz


Author's Note

Joshua Schultz
Any suggestions welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 17, 2014
Last Updated on September 17, 2014
Tags: Philosophy, Anti-Complacency

Author

Joshua Schultz
Joshua Schultz

Edmonton , Alberta, Canada



About
A stranger to even personal friends, I often question if I even know myself. more..

Writing