Plight of a Modren Woman

Plight of a Modren Woman

A Story by ~barefoot empress~

 

I am strong. I am independent. I don’t need a man to hold my hand and lead me. I am both mother and father to my son. I can shoot a gun and handle a knife with skill. I can hold my own in a fight. I don’t need his paycheck. I don’t need someone to hang cabinet doors or replace light bulbs. I don’t need someone to take out the trash or work on my car. I can do all these things and then some. When I can not, I am resourceful. I have the means to accomplish my goals. I take nothing from anyone. I pay my own way, and I take care of those I love. I am lovely, but not gorgeous. It is my heart that makes me beautiful. My soul is peaceful and I touch all those around me in a positive way. I have my flaws and vices. I am only human, but I have the power and strength to overcome them. Men adore me and women admire me, though I can not understand why. You can starve me and I will survive. You can cut me and I will bleed but live. I do what I must to go on, even when I’m not sure that I can I will make a way.

     But I am still a woman. I still cry, my heart is so tender. I still smell like sweetness. I am still soft to the touch, my skin feels of cream. I still yearn for the touch of warm skin, I still long to be loved.

     For everything I am, I am something better when you look at me. I flourish and come to life under your fingers.

 

© 2018 ~barefoot empress~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a strong piece of writing, brilliant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very stronge and you show strenghth in your feelings. You are one of those stronge writers.
WAY TO GO!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2009
Last Updated on August 1, 2018

Author

~barefoot empress~
~barefoot empress~

Sheridan, AR



About
Her heart welled up in her chest, and a slight flood of tear brimmed her eyes. she pulled out the battered and bruised Nokia, and began to text. Brooke: Can a memory kill you? Alex: yes. it's called.. more..

Writing