The Smile that Splits One Hour After Sunrise.

The Smile that Splits One Hour After Sunrise.

A Poem by Jeanmarie Flaherty
"

If anyone can make sense of this, excellent for you, but you know....sometimes a woman is nothing but confusing.

"

 

Turn touch heels, cold toes in the middle of midnight, and you were there, somewhere, as tomorrow kissed me with sinful lips, it's only an hour behind, you...


were only an hour behind me.



I could bind my hair in knots that would touch simplicity, though you would get caught in confusion, her webs are way too pretty, her voice is so inviting, I would smile through time-chipped teeth if my laughter would appease you...


I would sigh like sunrise over your ears if you'd switch these clocks and stop


ticking


my skin....



I never discover awareness behind mirrors and underneath you when my back's turned seven minutes around, but I timed our passion just right enough to fall


in.love.


ten minutes after tears fell, and I'm still here, claiming ownership of always and erasing the confusion of forever when the dust that flies off these pages decorates my breath...


the breaths I take for you.


Involve me in perfection, if you find it, if it's somewhere in tomorrow's sky, if you find the sun with lashes long enough to brush your cheeks, tell me the secret behind lies and I'll believe you, I'll find some way to admit I'm no bigger than the bible, I'm no better than you.


Tomorrow's just one hour behind us, I believe you're holding her hand, I believe your lips speak clearer when they're honest, I think


too much when midnight falls


and I'm switching the way my spine bends just to catch a glimpse of forever, the shadows that whisper when the lights blink and my blue jeans rest with the knowledge that I love them...


inside-out


and on top of you...


with every step and footprint we've left behind, one hour, but your teeth won't stop clicking off my skin,


your smile is still...


late.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Jeanmarie Flaherty


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

One should not try to make sense of passion, for its power lies in its otherness so beyond what our common minds can perceive, and you have created such passion! Time truly stops when I read your words... They dance timeless in my mind and lull me into another world so far from Everyday. So much more real and beautiful...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i don't crazy trying to understand, i just soak up the words and feel the momentum of the piece...and this has that really catchy momentun and turn of phrasing that catches my eye, my mind, my sensual side.

nice piece...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lovely write.
Enjoyed reading.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I have stood in face of far too many beautiful paintings weeping, trying NOT to understand what had left, at that moment, the artist's brush and withering hand and my appreciation right along with it. I knew, in minute detail about their lives but I never truly knew them nor their sense or depth for humor or pain. You should never truly own or solve a riddle because once you do, well...then the mystery has gone; and who the hell wants that.
So, for that reason I am reading this as a triumphant Dali and if there be a deviant smile lurking beneath (and no doubt there is)...then I want it to just keep on lurking as long as it possibly can. I think I'm just going to appreciate the depth of my dumb for a while. Welcome back Pirate~

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ahh, a riddle, I love these. "Involve me in perfection" a very interesting coin of wording. And "ten minutes of tears", an another flip of the coin.





Got it.




















Very clever.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeanmarie Flaherty

11 Years Ago

LOL, I just giggled out loud all alone in a room at 1:14 am.

I suppose you did get it .. read more
your smile is still late.

Sigh....

lingering thoughts....they always seem to follow another persons shadow like the scent given off by a rose in full bloom. It challenges the idea that time has no place when we miss another. It doesn't stop..yet it seems to rewind itself backwards to remind us of the human condition. So frail...so powerless...so judgmental....

Posted 11 Years Ago


A restless heart and mind, seems to dance around in this one.. I like it, probably one of my faves so far. I got curious and went this far back for the fun of things :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful write and a definite pleasure to read such fine poetry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KGV
You're one of the most inspiring people I've ever encountered. I know nothing about you but what you write. But darling, I think it's beautiful

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One should not try to make sense of passion, for its power lies in its otherness so beyond what our common minds can perceive, and you have created such passion! Time truly stops when I read your words... They dance timeless in my mind and lull me into another world so far from Everyday. So much more real and beautiful...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I must throw a parade, [ if one can be thrown ], to celebrate your return!

"I'm no bigger than the bible, I'm no better than you..." I do believe your time away has recharged your prolific prowess, and we are in for a sweet deliverance of the poetic kind! I couldn't be happier to see you on the board again...welcome back!

Love,
Kelly

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
11 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Jeanmarie Flaherty
Jeanmarie Flaherty

The Gulf, FL



About
I am reality, I am art, I am every dream I've ever had and the corners of my childrens lips when they smile. I am tears and laughter, I am shoulders and knees, I am a writer, a photographer, a mother... more..

Writing