Stuck

Stuck

A Poem by Victoria

I'm lost.
No simple way to put it.
I want to go somewhere
with my life.
But I'm lost.
Without you,
I'm lost.
Because of you,
I'm lost.
But because of me,
I'm stuck.
I didn't stop you.
I didn't stop them.
I just listened.
Obeyed.
Lied to myself.
Because of this,
I'm stuck.

© 2010 Victoria


Author's Note

Victoria
Just a way to sum up my life right now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very much to the point. No need for elaboration with this kind of literary assertiveness. Perhaps the best part of it, though, is how you make sure you own up for the things that you may have done to put yourself in the current situation, instead of just casting the shadow of blame on everyone else but yourself.

"But because of me,
I'm stuck."

This is candid and honest and suggests that you have a firm grip on reality and the circumstances. If nothing else, you've certainly got the first foot forward to getting out the situation. Very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well done its really good

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great one, I like the way you wrote this poem. Nice job and well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Dutch. Now is your time. Don't let anyone stop you and remain steadfast in all you do.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Abstract yet profound. This is what makes it all the more intriguing. It's a nice write and makes one think what's going on in your head while evaluating what's going on in theirs.. !! :)
Devyani

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think all of us at one time in our lives get a little bit stuck. I like this. I think by just writing this you are on you way to becoming unstuck... Nicely done...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds like you let other people have too large of influences over your life, and now you don't know where to go with it. Stay strong, though, and, please, keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem.. My life was like that at a certain time... not a great feeling but anyways Nice write. Your a wonderful writer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I made the mistake of losing contact with very good friends. I would do anything to know they are alright and to know how they lived. I like the poem. The wisdom to understand some people are the reason we want e alive and do great things. A excellent poem. You made me think.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


In the end we are the ones who decide how we feel and let others makes us feel... like the saying goes "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".

Posted 13 Years Ago


We've all been there at one point or another! What makes us or breaks us is whether we stay stuck or dig ourselves out of the holes. You're a stong person, you can do it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1048 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2010
Last Updated on May 22, 2010

Author

Victoria
Victoria

Malibu, CA



About
My name is Victoria. I live large and dream even larger. My life consists of modeling in my free time and traveling the world but when I'm feeling down and out of control, I write. Writing inspires me.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo