He was near

He was near

A Story by Pollai

He sighed with eyes affixed, the hall covered in a dense mist of fear; he was near. With his back to the wall he cowered so tall; clutching his veins. He took deep breathes to calm, but all in vain. He loosened the grip on his palms. "They will remember" he whispered; "they will remember my story". His was not one of fame or glory, not bound by sorrow or weighed down by shame. His was a story of truth; his existence served as proof that there lived savages. In these moments he felt no remorse, for he held none dear. The sound came again, he could feel it, it was near. The sweat streamed down his face, the acid made his flesh ache. He inhaled, and before he could rid himself of this foul stench, in came the blow. He lay there; impaled. Now there wasn't an itch, he had no time to twitch. His soul left, taking with it his life. Then, on came the lights; his image beyond smeared. Up stood the crowd, veraciously exhaling their raucous cheers.

© 2013 Pollai


Author's Note

Pollai
A short excerpt of a piece I am thinking of writing. Would like to get some feedback on the imagery.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not sure what it's about but the imagery is good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ok...nice writ...no where to say where yer going...take that away and make a story of it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pollai

11 Years Ago

Thanks :). I'll be expanding on it soon.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 10, 2013
Tags: Story, Fight, Fear, Rage, Cheer, Crowd, Struggle

Author

Pollai
Pollai

Canada



About
Casually write things as a fun release or pass-time. I wanted to try and add a bit of creativity to daily life and realized why not join a community of creative writers. Cheers! more..

Writing
Bro Bro

A Screenplay by Pollai


Tap to Like Tap to Like

A Screenplay by Pollai