What's Your Passion

What's Your Passion

A Story by tumultuousserenity

"What's your passion?"


What's my passion? I don't know where to begin. I am in love with everything, yet I have to choose a champion. I want to write, but I want to study genetics, but I want to cure diseases, but I want to mold the minds of children, but I want to travel, but I want to be a housewife, but I want to sing, but I want to be completely independent.

This is such a loaded question. I am only fifteen, yet you expect me to make a choice that will affect the rest of my life. Adults think they understand- after all, they have gone through it too. But with time, you forget the pressures that come with being a teenager, young and confused and impressionable. You forget that everyone has a say in your life, that your voice is "too unexperienced" to count for much in these roaring voices.

I have so much I want to do, but I am expected to choose one path. Sure, this path may branch out in the future, but I can never go back and I cant see too far ahead. Life is a great mystery, but one I am not prepared to go through. Choices are mine to make, but I don't know which one to choose. I could ask for help from the roaring voices, but they don't truly understand what I want.


So what's my passion?


"I don't know."

© 2015 tumultuousserenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on June 5, 2015
Last Updated on June 5, 2015

Author

tumultuousserenity
tumultuousserenity

Shanghai, China



About
I have loved writing since I was a little girl, but now I am a teenager and am hoping to make something out of it. more..

Writing