Just Another Lesson

Just Another Lesson

A Story by Indira
"

Life....always there to teach you a lesson!!!!

"

 

Life's always strange, well how strange can it get ... who can tell this better than you...


 

Hate work!!! said a 17 year old girl.....by the way what work does she have to do...is she working? is she....?

Well don't give your brains a rack...Work for her was the small nitty gritties she had to do at home, after all staying with relatives wasn't easy...


 

"Get some butter from the shop"...came a loud scream...ooh that's her aunt


 

One loud stamp....few murmured words...a constipated look...with that she slam banged the door and walked.


 

STOP 1: "Hi dear, how you doing?" fine...


 


 

STOP 2: " Hey, no college today?" Sunday is unfortunately a holiday:)


 

So by now you must have figured out that our 17th year old is quite famous in her neighborhood...


 

Next few steps and she stops again...


 

STOP 3: " Hey li'l girl, where are you going?"


 

Me?? oh to the shop... btw granny how are you?


 

Well quite good...can I walk with you till the shop...my legs are jammed!


 

Ohhh sure!!


 


 

Well granny's small steps took 10 minutes to reach the shop... "Butter please" she screamed...


 

" Gosh is the shop keeper deaf" " butter?"


 

Finally after five minutes his ear drums took her words in...finally she got the butter...


 

Another 10 minutes and here granny's back after a walk...


 

Maths sucks...but roughly calculated...she came back with the butter after 35 minutes. Now that calls for a li'l bit of rock music...


 

" why so late?".." half an hour?" " butter ...were you buying or manufacturing"................ohhhhh that's just not rock but hard rock.


 

Five minutes of silence and the 17 year old is back to the computer...what's she doing?


 

Well writing some silly poetry...!!!


 

Five days later


 


 

Aunt was back in action again...this time it was brown bread and jam...she hated jam...but how does that change anything...


 

This time she was reminded " Come home soon" ....well well as if she went out partying...huh


 

At your teenage...eye sight is generally good...long sight and she could see granny sitting...she loved talking to her..but today if she took granny for a walk, it would get late again...


 

STOP 1: hi granny...

hi dear...so can I come for a walk...


 

Sorry granny but am in a hurry...

Ohh no problem girl...actually am getting bored but never mind...


 

Aunt never understands...she says" Granny is a stranger" ....well she looked sad... aunt was happy this time...afterall she came back home in just 10 minutes. Granny was on her mind for sometime but one phone call from a friend and she forgot everything...well that's probably a teens mind.


 


 

A month later


 

Aunt had acted less nagging for some time...and this evening there's no butter or jam request...but the girl's out for her own work...''When she's on her own work...no body cares to question and guess what she loves it that way"


 

No constipated look today...She looks good when she smiles...


 

STOP 1: ( outside granny's house)


 

hey aunty...granny's not at home...


 

Aunty: hey got to see you after a long time...


 

" yeah was busy with college"


 

Aunty: So looking for granny?


 

" yeah thought I did take her out for a walk"...


 

Aunty: You are a very sweet girl...granny liked you a lot...


 

" hurry up aunt...call granny oitside"


 

Aunty: The last time you met granny was the last day of her life...She got sick at night and left us before dawn...


 

" bye"


 

What's wrong with our girl...why is she so silent...


 

After an hour...our girl broke her silence and just said these words...


 

" I denied her last wish...Why did I do that"


 

Tears rolled down and as she cried,,, life sat beside her with a smile..probably life was happy, it taught her a new lesson.


 

 


 


 


 

 


 

© 2008 Indira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on August 22, 2008

Author

Indira
Indira

India



About
Hello !!! I am a graduate from Loreto college, kolkata. The beauty of life is what I love to relish, garnished with the flavor of emotions. My life revolves around my dreams and all that i wish is to.. more..

Writing