All we have is right here now?

All we have is right here now?

A Poem by Chad Wesley Allbrett
"

Its just a free write kind of thing. I'm not trying to fit into any meter ether, its free, so I did not choose to be bound by any thing.

"

All we have is right here now. And I’ll die if I don’t get the momentary Tao? Bullshit she wrote to her boyfriend because he had gone “Hollywood,” but what good? I fail to see the philosophic position where ether of them stood. The “now” says that we all must be young, sexy and hung, but who pays for TV and video guns? Well I do, and you do, and everybody that reads about fake buns, on American Idol, or that blond that could sing who finality won!  While rock stars of yore get older and give themselves endless salutes to anybody that could ever play a flute, the champagne flows out into wet buckets of loot. Rock and Roll is rebellion they say and you have to be loud and angry or straight or gay, and isn’t that what all America plays? But who is in the office at the top of the way? It’s the guy who owns everything, and bought the last thing he didn’t own today. I want to be one of the right here right now’s, the last one standing on the capitalist cow. I want to eat weird stuff that costs a lot, but they tell me is organic, that my people went out and got and it tastes like golden granite. I want to write books and tell everybody how to live, wear stuff that is talked about in supermarket magazine glib. All we have is right here now, holy cow, so he cried into a song and everyone bowed, it was a mediocre song so why everyone bought it, I don’t understand how. The old guy who died and got two lines was loud, the original Mod, and what he sang was better, so why didn’t nobody applaud? The Soul singer on the back burner, I had to look up on the internet and find if he was only a rumor, the tune was soul that caresses your spine, but taste today is an empty bottle of wine, the crap on the radio, that refers the times. Punk is dead right? So the fall fashion collection in Paris is resurrecting the fight. I love both radical Left AND radical Right. They both are self righteous but the middle ain’t any fun, Hitler and Gandhi both got things done.  And I ain't talkin' about Hitler’s evil final solution, I’m talkin' about the autobahn the Germans drive and BMW pollution. Right now it seems that a girl is covered in mud on the cover of a pottery magazine, seems a hippie kind of thing, I had in a hippie dream, another one has “Gus” on the cover, Lonesome Dove is loved by rodeo cowboys the whole country over, I thought I was a cowboy too, until the ranch got paved over, now I sick a bottle in a screaming kids mouth and watch Elmo and Grover.  The “Time” magazine article was about Obama runnin' to win, and all the money and people it will take and to get him elected yet again.  I wish I had people out raising money for me, to get up in the morning and talk on TV, but that’s what they do on the morning shows too, but they also tell you how to lose weight and talk to your kids about glue. The kind the kids are sniffing of course and that will fit in between what to paint your walls and the cost of divorce. It makes me wonder what color divorce would be on t-shirts, and think red but, would then change to the color of dread. Grey, and all over your day, like the IRS or the American way. Its right here now in this liberty where I’m writing this to say, what is the American Dream, and the politics of hay? That that they feed horses and cattle, but like GI Joe said, knowing half the battle, all things said and done, are eaten and blown away.  And no book or magazine article is going to bother to say, anything about anything, I wondering when somebody’s gonna say something, the world go’s round and round with its function, and like you half to stand on you head and slit your throat to make the big news,( in an airport,) if then, while small town news talks about mom and pop and the RV places they’ve been,  while art hangs on the wall of community colleges like Barbie doll in a little girls room, it’s easy for me to criticize and talk about doom, well how about this, I’ll go home and plant a garden, and make love to my wife, you all can talk about the American life, wait I’m kinda talkin' about that too, or maybe is it are I’m all here, and it seems that you are too. I’m just saying, that right now’s what we got, we can watch TV and smoke lots of pot, we can drink Pepsi, and wear Pepsi t-shirts and talk on cell phones to people in the same room, we can be first world powers well fed but full of gloom, we can make up gods for what we don’t like that the real God said, or we can paint our walls, drive SUVs drink coffee and read books till were dead.

© 2011 Chad Wesley Allbrett


Author's Note

Chad Wesley Allbrett
I could make this much tighter, but its kind of just train of thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on April 6, 2011

Author

Chad Wesley Allbrett
Chad Wesley Allbrett

Orofino ID./ Walla Walla Wash., ID



About
Haven't been on here in a long time. I live in Orofino ID. I'm the son of a logger, the grandson of a miner, and the great-grandson of cowboys and homesteaders. I'm a fifth generation native of the b.. more..

Writing