google you

google you

A Poem by Amy Craig Beasley

Is that

really

you

 

here?

 

And if I google

you

Will I find

Me?

 

How will I know

when

to trust

what

to

put my faith in

 

Will it be

When

the silver

and

the gold

Wrap

around

our fingers?

 

Will it be then?

 

Across the fissures

Across the room

Across the lines

That are

no more

 

Waves

bring me

to you

 

And carry me

Back out again

 

Leaving grains

sand

Grounds

land

Imprinted

By all that we are

And will be

 

Weight

Here

And

Light

On my soul

© 2011 Amy Craig Beasley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved how you used something like Google in this, it's the first I've ever seen, and probably will remain the best for a long time. I enjoyed the story in this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a wonderful tapestry of thought flow and insight. I loved it's form. It carried a question and the mental result of that question within the realm of the mind and in life. I loved the title of the piece. I thought it fitting.

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked the flow and reasoning... and the use of "Weight" in the last stanza - where my eye naturally shifted it to "wait" and then the mind accepted its presence as having substance hence "Weight".

Take care,
Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely written poem, as tekphobik said, there aren't many writes nowadays that relate google to things that mattered more before. I like the uniqueness of the poem.
" And if I google you, will I find me? " That line made me chuckle a bit to myself. It has some humour, yet it's serious.
Amazing write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There really isn't enough literature and poetry about the computer age specifically referencing cultural phenoms like google. Good for you for utilizing something fresh like that and speaking to the future generation who have grown up in a digital age.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kings of Leon belting it out as I read. The title put it's arm around me and said 'read me, read me'. The word 'across' really catches my eye. And the notion of those waves. The notion of that tidal movement seems to dip into something deep within all of us. The mystery of being perchance? And here we all are clicking our lives away. This digital way is so shallow compared with those primal tides within us all. Now Pink Floyd kicking in! Dark Side Of The Moon no less! The force behind our tides.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011

Author

Amy Craig Beasley
Amy Craig Beasley

Greenville, SC



About
....daughter - sister - auntie - niece -cousin - wife - mother - friend - - writer - teacher -artist - student - gardener - - cook .... one who listens who hears One who looks and sees .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Monroe Monroe

A Poem by ☮Alpenglow


The Caged Bird The Caged Bird

A Story by Autumn


Tainted Heart Tainted Heart

A Poem by Thea