100 Years

100 Years

A Story by bella004
"

I wrote this short little story from the perspective of tree with the tree showing how it has seen the changes in people.

"
I'm a tree. Unlike you, I can't move. I've been stuck in the same spot for a century. In fact, tomorrow is my 100th birthday. I won't be having a "Birthday Party". I'm a tree, remember? No on in the world will know that it's my 100th Birthday. No one knows. me, which makes me sad because I wish that someone could at least pass a glance at me. For 100 years now, I've been waving at the people, with the wind helping me wave. 
You don't know this, but I know all of you. When I sat in this very spot 100 years ago, I saw the people walking by. They never looked at me of course, because they had somewhere to go. People called the 1910's the "Silent era". But if you take it from me, there was nothing "silent" about it. The city bustled with bikes and Newspaper boys. Ladies would saunter around in decorative hats, corsets, lace dresses, and black pumps. 
When they walked with men, they were always hushed. When they walked with women, they gossiped, laughed , nodded, and waved their gloved hands. 
As another decade wore on, I stopped seeing bikes and I began seeing cars. Boys didn't sell Newspapers anymore. You could only find Newspapers in the stands. 
Money got greener, factories got bigger, smoke got darker, and people got shrewder. One minute everyone seemed to be happy, carrying around handfuls of cash, and the next minute their cash was gone and they were frantically running to the banks. 
I"m only a tree, but I've seen it all. I want someone to tell me Happy Birthday.  

© 2014 bella004


Author's Note

bella004
This story is short, but I could add more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on March 16, 2014
Last Updated on March 16, 2014
Tags: Age, People, Beauty, Trees, Nature, Environment

Author

bella004
bella004

About
Love writing and want others to start to see my work. more..