The Girl from Tennessee

The Girl from Tennessee

A Story by benjammingham
"

The Girl From Tennessee by Needtobreathe....I love this song...and the piano in it....so awesome....but yeah this story is not southern or western or whatevs...its more modern

"
I used to be a wallflower. I used to be a quiet shy guy who hung back and watched the action. I didn't think anybody noticed me. And then in one night, that all changed.
One Night. One Girl. No Name.
I was away with my buddies on a roadtrip. We were headed over to Silicon Valley from Miami in an RV. Cramped, yes, but our bromance blossomed...
Along the way we would make stops and head into the town for supplies, a beer, and every now and then a party. We went to a club one night in Tennessee....
Now, I normally sat back nursing a beer as I watched my friends make fools of themselves. However, as soon as I walked into that club, I was love struck by one girl. 
I had never committed myself to a girl before, never had a real, steady relationship- I never wanted one- until I saw her. Anyway, we headed out onto the floor and danced it up...me looking extremely awkward due to my great inexperience with actually dancing. Boy, let me tell you, that girl could dance. The whole night, she danced out there, and the whole night, I was right there with her. I was so not used to it, I was sore in my legs. 
Eventually we stopped, and I followed her bright, red shoes to the bar where we grabbed a drink and talked. She had a great smile and a laugh that made you smile, even if the joke wasn't funny. I knew I was falling for her, but my inhibitions of not committing myself got in the way- I wanted to dance like that again!
After a couple drinks we headed back to the dance floor and danced some more. We danced well into the night, laughing and having fun until...
The lights dimmed dramatically and a slow song came on. Everything slowed down to a halt, save for the slight spinning in my head. In that moment I looked into her eyes and saw something click. 
She smiled and started to walk away. I grabbed her arm but she insisted that she had to get home. 
"Don't go yet! I didn't get your name!"
"That's okay, I never said it!"
She winked and I let her walk away, puzzled. That girl left with just about all of my hopes and dreams; of ever settling down and being committed. I should have stopped her. I should have gotten her name. Instead she'll be known as 
The Girl from Tennessee

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
I understand that its very similar to the song....no I dont drink beer yet....ummm....yeah this was really last minute so cut me some slack....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: Love, Dancing, Needtobreathe, Tennessee

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham