Present Day, Slight Awkwardness; The Sequel to that Other Story with the Really Long Title

Present Day, Slight Awkwardness; The Sequel to that Other Story with the Really Long Title

A Story by benjammingham
"

Yeah so this is sort of reality but me and Jules didnt exactly turn out like this....kinda making it up as I go along...so....

"
     So now we come to this morning. I am literally walking out the front door right now. On my bike of course, cause I am Earth friendly (like a boss). I'm slightly - okay, REALLY- afraid of what she'll say or do. I'm afraid of a huge awkward gap that this will drive through us. I can't even avoid her: I WORK for her!
     Everything seems to be fine when I walk into the building. My friends aren't harrassing me about it, no ex-girlfriends coming up and killing me, no principals telling me to get in her office...a normal day. Although, I literally have to psych myself up to walk into the journalism classroom, room 108. 
     I take eight deep breaths, hop a little, shake my hands loose, and wak in. She's almost in the same spot I left her in. Still typing furiously at a keyboard with her dancing owl bracelet. I make my way over to her desk and wait patiently for her to acknowledge me.
"Good Morning, Ben"
"Uhhh.....Heyyyyy......"
"I believe this is your flash drive..."
She holds her palm out with my lucky orange flash drive in it. I swipe it casually, but as our fingertips connect, my whole body shivers with goosebumps.
"You okay?" She asks.
"Yeah I'm good."
She takes a moment to sip her coffee which is resting on a copy of our newspaper. I notice, however, that she has dark circles under her eyes, much like an owl, as if she couldn't sleep...
"Couldn't sleep, huh?"
"No, I was too busy deciding whether or not I like you."
It was so blunt and straightforward that I cringed for a moment. Then I saw a hint of a smile on her lips, teasing the corners of her mouth. I decided to play along.
"And uhhh....what did you decide?"
"I decided......."
I held my breath.
"You're alright."
"Really?"
EXCITEMENT. (but I played it cool....)
"Well, when you're ready to talk about how you would suggest we move on from here, you should meet me at the coffee shop down on 88th street. Sound good?"
"Does this mean I have to actually go somewhere with you and make small talk?" She whined in a sarcastic manner.
"Unfortuneately for you, yes. Wear something at least half decent will ya?"
I gave a wave as I headed out the door. When I got out, I stopped being casual and started jumping up and down estatically (which earned me a few odd looks). I gave a fist pump and raced to my first period. 
I have no idea how I made it through the day. And normally, I go straight home and do my homework like a good little Asian boy, But, not today! Today, I had a date with an angel and an espresso....

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
Hope you liked it....I have no idea what I wrote....maybe a trequel....if that exists...cool.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on July 31, 2012
Last Updated on July 31, 2012
Tags: Love, Teens, etc.

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham