The Applications Of Metal Detectors In Archeology

The Applications Of Metal Detectors In Archeology

A Poem by besterdetektor
"

Archeology With metal detector come from archeology. They refer to the use of detectors to find and identify cultural relics, but also can discover ancient tombs buried with metal products.

"
With the rise and development of scientific and technological archeology, since the 1950s, shallow geophysical and other detection methods have been introduced to archeological exploration, and geophysical exploration has gradually formed. There are many types of archaeological methods, and the most common methods are resistance, electromagnetic and ground radar.

As a special application of electromagnetic induction, detectors are an instrument used specifically to detect metals. For in archaeological excavations, many antiques are metal products. For example, gold and silverware, coins, bronzes and other precious metal artefacts that represent wealth and power, as well as metal weapons such as swords, arrowheads, cannons, grenades and other cold weapons, as well as hoes, shovels, ax, saws, chisels, etc. An indispensable tool of metal , Therefore, Underground Metal Detectors have become one of the most important exploration tools of archaeologists.

Metal detector overview

The first metal detector was born in 1960 and was originally used in industry and mining to verify the purity of minerals. After more than 50 years of development, metal detectors have gone through several generations of detection technology revolutions, from initial signal simulation technology through continuous wave technology to the latest digital pulse technology. The sensitivity, resolution, accuracy and performance of metal probe have made a qualitative leap, and the application areas have extended to various industries with the needs of social development, such as safety inspection, food, daily chemistry, prospecting, archeology and so on.

Commercial metal detectors generally consist of a high-frequency oscillator, an oscillation detector, an audio oscillator, a power amplifier, etc., and are equipped with a power supply, a display, and an acoustic display. In practice, metal detectors use the principle of electromagnetic induction. First, alternating current is used to generate a rapidly changing magnetic field through the coil. The magnetic field then passes through the metal object and forms on its surface an eddy current that creates a secondary magnetic field that in turn affects the original magnetic field and generates a signal that can be received and detected by the instrument. Finally, the signal is processed and amplified to deflect the pointer of the pointer while driving the audio display to send out a sound signal.


The superiority of metal detect device in archaeological exploration

The so-called "metal detector archeology" is the use of digital technologies such as geographic information systems by current electromagnetic waves and magnetic fields to make sleep objects appear on the display. It is a new archaeological technology that directly recognizes underground relics and relics without excavation. It not only improves the survey accuracy of the site and extent of the site, but also plays an important role in the discovery of undiscovered ruins.

Compared to many traditional archaeological exploration methods, Professional Metal Detectors have the advantages of accurate positioning, wide detection, high resolution, simple and efficient. Its superior performance is mainly reflected in three aspects: target positioning function, target noise function and target screening function.

© 2018 besterdetektor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on September 7, 2018
Last Updated on September 7, 2018
Tags: detector

Author

besterdetektor
besterdetektor

China



About
I am just myself, a firework with different colors. more..

Writing