searching for self

searching for self

A Poem by bethann

If I could see my self

through the eyes of others,

what would it be?

Who would be the person

that I would come to see?

 

Would I be shy and quiet,

or generous to a fault?

Would I be kind and gentle

would I be open to all?

 

Would I be a person

others would like for a friend?

Or would I live life alone

and still be there at the end?

 

It is hard to see one's self,

looking through one's own eyes,

most often our hearts betray us

and fool us with lies.

 

© 2009 bethann


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow.. such realism here.. so much emotion can be found in self-reflection but also frustration as we truly can not see ourselves as others view us.. it can not be measured by the amount of people around us .. as popularity is gained by false light shows.. is usually a magnet whereby people are drawn by a mystery and desire to be something better than themselves but then found to be false.. you could not get a clear picture if you did get the truth from one person as you would only get one honest view and others may see you different.. all you can do is try to be true to yourself.. live for yourself and those you love.. and enjoy life. Most know the difference between right and wrong.. just try your best.. accept that you are human and have faults.. and that others are the same way. You could be viewed as all those things you write to many different people.. so many eyes do view us daily from friends to enemies.. just be true to you! Love the honesty in this.. thank you for sharing!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a good write, and a selfreflecting piece which means that you have to be very honest with yourself and that is often hard to do and even harder to share. I think that this piece could be great it you added somethings about how you see yourself through your own eyes , and dive deeper into the conflict of your heart and what reality is. Over all though really good write.


"It is hard to see one's self,

looking through one's own eyes,

most often our hearts betray us

and fool us with lies."


Thanks

Posted 14 Years Ago


Over all, some good self searching questions that probably only time will answer. Nice job on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2009

Author

bethann
bethann

NV



About
23, looking for friends. I write sometimes late at night, just to calm down from the day. I like animals. Hobbies are books, antique stores and more books. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..