The Counselor lied.

The Counselor lied.

A Poem by Beth Wilcox

"We will do everything we can to make you feel safe back at school, Beth" you said.

Look at the f*****g words I just read.

 

You lied to me.

You said you'd help me and see who you can do

but you just stand in the doorway and tie your shoe.

 

I sit here in the office crying, wondering what it's like to be dying.

 

You blame me for the way I feel

and you say you cannot wait until.

 

Until I graduate and leave this hell,

then I hear the class bell.

 

You tell me that you could make it worse,

all I wanna do now is f*****g curse.

 

What a counselor you are,

your heart is so far.

 

I hope you can find it, but is it too long gone?

Drown in your tears and your mother f*****g fears.

© 2011 Beth Wilcox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, a lot of anger and frustration but I really liked the way you formed your thoughts and timing and the language is strong but poetry is meant for the person writing to convey their feelings and what they feel. continue to put yourself out there and share the true emotion in your words. good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The language , though a bit raw , serves well to express the emotions .... Nice write once again , specially as there is a certain kind of rhyme in it .

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this coubselor's a jerk. I hope it's not actually a person you know in real life. If it is, well I'd have a fewthings to say to them, that's for sure. I also like the last libe, and the overall feeling of frustration and anger you get from this poem. It's really good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Counselors are supposed to help people...they aren't supposed to be jerks like that...if they are then they aren't worth being a school counselor or any counselor at that...they have to treat people with respect. Nice write though. The last line was awesome. And I love the anger within the piece. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2011

Author

Beth Wilcox
Beth Wilcox

West Alexandria, OH



About
About me? Well my name is Beth Wilcox for starters. I am a young writer. I have always found writing to be the best way to tell a story to someone. Whether it be poetry, lyrics, and more. I have start.. more..

Writing