Memories of you.

Memories of you.

A Poem by Beth Wilcox

I'm falling into all these memories of you,

everything we used to do.

 

I looked into your eyes and that's when I knew.

but now we're through.

 

I watch you love her,

and she's the one, you're so sure.

 

I cry at night,

hoping things tomorrow will be right.

 

Our days are over,

you're my past lover.

 

I found that necklace you bought me,

my heart now fills with agony.

 

I hope she does you right,

because you're the only one in my sight.

 

You've moved on and I watch with teary eyes,

I think of all those lies.

 

The lies that you told me.

 

© 2011 Beth Wilcox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
It's bad enough to lose someone but when they lie it really cuts deep. No one going through that plight should ever feel like they failed either, they should just learn and move on. The bigger the gap between Idealism and reality--the bigger the dissapointment. Good poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, this is so sad. Your emotions and words touch my heart.
I feel most of us have had this happen to us.. it is just as you write it.
The line about finding the necklace made me heartsick.
Well written.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm new to this and hope to be able to share thoughts and ideas that poetry and writing can prevoke. I enjoyed this and sense there is more to this than what is written. These are your stories, your journey and thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading the rest of your work and begin to post mine.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very good and your emotions are so real weather these are ture feelings you have or someone else has you portray them very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very bittersweet poem... got a great flow and filled with genuine emotions... it is hard to watch a loved one find someone new.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a really nice write. I know how you feel...I gave away the necklace my ex gave me...I couldn't look at it either...my heart would hurt...so I definitely know how you feel in this poem. The emotion is great within this...thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2011

Author

Beth Wilcox
Beth Wilcox

West Alexandria, OH



About
About me? Well my name is Beth Wilcox for starters. I am a young writer. I have always found writing to be the best way to tell a story to someone. Whether it be poetry, lyrics, and more. I have start.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Words Words

A Poem by Desert Dreamer


Panic Panic

A Poem by A.Lee