Brick Walls

Brick Walls

A Story by Biata
"

Facing the past and the present is always in the eye of the person standing before their own.

"

Take this opportunity to imagine a brick wall before you.

It’s tall and rather intimidating, peering down upon you like a God.

A very wise person once told me that he would see it and probably would still run head first into it. 

But soon after, he stated that, he, would find a better and much more effective way to get around it. 

To leave it in the past. As soon as he said this I found it hard to believe he had not spoken the same ideal that had been on my mind as he told me his story.

I looked dead into his eyes and told him exactly what was on my mind.

I told him that I would bash into the wall numerous times. And upon one of my final blows, I would state boldly, “Either you fall, or I. Now which is it going to be?”

And again and again, I would hit it.

Until, of course, I found out.

He looked at me rather dumbfounded, and released a sly smile.

“That,” he said, “has seemed to be nothing but effective for you, hasn’t it?”

With that, I glanced down in anxiety at my battered and dirty figure, aware now of all of the scars that had built up from the brutal bashings of the wall. Now unsure of my way, and if it had been right.

“Well, I guess it could be considered stupid. For I do not know who has won…” I stated calmly and coldly.

This time he let out a rather alarming laughter, one that seemed to almost anger me in a sense.

For I said,

“But I must ask you, then whose way is the greatest?”

And he said,

“Well you’re still standing, are you not?"

And I glanced down to his figure, who was sitting, calmly and clean before I.

“But as are you. You look to be much healthier than I, and look! You’re much older! I do not understand how one could possibly mistaken who’s idea was the better of the two.”

“Well,” he took an unwilling glance behind me, “You’re rather dirty. And pretty banged up, that I shall admit…but - I don’t happen to see any more walls behind you. Merely a clear pathway. And though there are many before you, you seem only less fearful of them as time passes.” His voice now going grave, “While I, I always have a slight bit of fear, for I may not be able to find a safe path around the next one. I’ve succumbed merely to luck and optimism.”

I’d released a warm smile, now feeling bad for the man sitting before me.

“But there is nothing wrong with optimism and luck, sadly, I was just not blessed with my very own charm.”

His eyes had now met my own, declaring the final statement that sent me at an alarming rate to write out this small story for the likes of yourself.

He stated to me,

“You never needed luck. And that, is what shows who has not fallen quite yet, and because of that, who will never fall when all the rest fails.”

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Biata


Author's Note

Biata
Oh heavens, feedback is always much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013

Author

Biata
Biata

About
I go by too many names I was not born into, and I write too many self enlightening stories that eat at my already far too rotten brain. more..

Writing
Darkness. Darkness.

A Poem by Biata