bumpy baby boy

bumpy baby boy

A Story by briannafringer

It was Christmas eve eve. I walked into the family like bar with my best friend Rachel. We looked around for people we knew like we did every time we came We saw our friend mike as well as my ex Spencer. My hand went to my protruding belly and i felt my six month old baby kick. I smiled down at my baby boy and knew he was trying to comfort me. Rachel and i went to hug Mike and i smiled at Spencer as Rachel glared at him. Mike asked Rachel to dance leaving Spencer and i the time we needed to talk. Here is the back story to our relationship: We dated for two months when he broke up with me. That was five months ago. If you do the math then yes he is the baby daddy, but i never told him. Mike and Rachel both know, but Spencer doesn't I am still debating on telling him. Spencer is a pilot and i know a baby will ruin his career, and I've never wanted that. 

"Want to dance?" Spencer asked me. I smiled and nodded as i took his hand to the dance floor. We danced in a full circle before he said, "so... your pregnant?" 

"Yep it would look that way." I respond in sarcasm. 

"how far?" 

"6 months." 

""Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Nope, do you have a girlfriend?"

"No, i haven't since you." He said sadly.

"Same here."

His green eyes went wide in shock and he looked down to my belly. "How far along are you?"

"Six months, Spencer." I said getting uncomfortable with his thinking.

"Does the baby's dad know?"

"No and i intend to keep it that way." I said in a  clipped tone. 

"Bri, we've only been broken up for five months." I took my hands from his and excused myself. He ofcorse decided it was a good idea to follow me. "Boy or girl?" He asked.

"Boy" 

"Have you named him yet?"

"No i haven't decided."

"Are you keeping it?"

"Obviously i am."

"why, aren't you still in school?"

"I have two semesters left, but i can do them next year."

"I think you should get back with the father, or give up the baby."

"OK Spencer f**k you!"  I yelled at him.

"This is my baby isn't it?"

"No, you were pretty much the sperm donor. I'm not getting back with you. If we couldn't make it without this baby what makes you think we will survive with him?" I asked in a troubled tone. Rachel and mike came over to us to see what was going on.

"Bri you need to calm down, remember the doctor said this was a risk baby." Rachel soothed my hair and glared at Spencer for causing me to be upset. 

"High risk?" Spencer asked.

"yes, my baby is high risk. It's very bad to be stressed out." 

"What caused this?" He asked me curiously.

"I don't know, maybe the stress i took before i knew i was having a child.

"Spence i think we should go upstairs." Mike said urgently seeing the look Rachel was giving him. 

He nodded and they left us girls to dance for a while. Rachel and various boys asked me to dance for an hour before i could actually sit down and rub my belly to the music as i watched Rachel dance with more men. I silently wished my old crush, josh, would come home this year for masochist. When i texted him asking if he was coming he told me he couldn't get off of work to come visit us.

Some one came to sit next to me when i was caught up in smiling a*s Rachel was being dipped and turned around all sorts of ways. Next thing i knew someone was holding their hand out waiting for my answer to dance. I smiled and looked over to the person to decline, but the blue eyes i saw made my mouth drop. Rachel came over and gave Josh a hug. "So glad you could come Josh!" she yelled over the music. 

"Well im still waiting for my answer about a dance." He laughed as i took his hand. He pulled me into a huge bear hug. i laughed and cried in his arms and ambled about how much i missed him over the last year. The music changed to a slow song and he pulled me on the floor and held me close. My head lay on his chest as i listened to the steady beat of his big heart in one ear and the slow music in the other one. After our dance we came off the floor still holding hands while Rachel smiled at us together. "So what is this baby bump for?"

"It broke." I said embarrassed that Josh was seeing me like this, but then i grew proud of my baby and how far we had come together.

Josh laughed and hugged me again then put his big warm hand on my belly gently and knelt to talk to my baby. "Hey little guy..." His words were lost as he quieted his voice volume. I gave him a weird look waiting for him to come back to normal height and tell me what he had said to my baby , but then i just felt my baby kick with joy right where josh's hand was. I smiled as the boys and felt the over whelming urge to kiss josh. Then he stood up and hugged me again, "Hey can i pick you up to give you my present tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, Rach and i were having our mini Christmas together tomorrow then going to our parents houses for the real deal so yeah we can hang out tomorrow." I blushed as he thought about me. I remembered i had his Christmas present under our tree for me to send after the holidays. 

I didn't realize the time until the music changed from country to hip hop and the crowd began to grind. Rachel looked tired as she came off the dance floor and headed towards us. Her eyes said she was ready to go home and i smiled as i gave josh another big hug. He kissed my cheek lightly then put his hand on my belly and said "Be good for mommy little man." my baby boy kicked his hand again and i knew he was also tired. The four of us walked out to our cars and gave hugs. and departed.

 I gave Rachel a hug before bed and thanked her for bringing josh over as a surprise. she mumbled sleepy and fell asleep quickly. i pulled a fleece blanket over her shoulders and patted her back before i went to the bathroom and changed into my night cloths. I looked at my belly size and smiled as i rubbed my belly. My phone went off twice with text and i rushed to it. One was Josh saying he was excited to see me and he would pick me up tomorrow around noon. The other was Spencer, his text made my insides go cold. 'you won't keep that baby. i will find a way to get it.' 

i sent him a text back saying, 'my baby is a little boy, i am his mother and will always be his mom.'

My phone was quiet after that  and i knew i had won the argument he tried starting with me. I brushed my teeth and my hair quietly and padded into the kitchen to get a glass of water to take with me to bed. Soon i crawled into my big soft bed and looked around at all my baby stuff drifting off into sleep. 

I woke later than i wanted to and i jumped out excited for my day off from being a waitress for ruby tuesday and my date with Josh. I put on warm black tights, my black knee high winter boots, and a white long sleeve dress. I went to the bathroom and plugged in my curling iron to heat while i brushed my hair and teeth. My iron beeped at me signaling that i was hot enough to use. I began to put soft curls in my hair and then pinned in a hat. When i finally looked myself in the mirror and decided i looked cute with my baby belly i smiled and ran down the stairs as Josh came up to my front door and knocked on the door. I opened it and smiled even more when i saw him in a long sleeve plaid shirt and his nice blue jeans, i noticed he even went through the trouble of shaving and shining his boots. He gave me a look from head to toe and smiled with approval. I brought him inside to give him a tour of mine and Rachel's little house and i let in my dog Trigger from playing in the snow. Trigger went up to josh and greeted him with an enthusiastic wag of his tail. I smiled and got Josh's present from the tree and grabbed my house key from the counter and locked the house. Josh opened his truck door and helped my big belly self into his truck. 

We drove to his house and he told me his parents were out doing some grocery shopping to give us some alone time to do our Christmas. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and he turned red. "So do you want to go first?" He asked me politely.

"Sure." I said handing him the big heavy box.  He smiled and tore into the wrapping paper eagerly. Although he is twenty he looked five in the moment it took him to unwrap his new Remington 597 TVP rifle. "Josh, i hope you like it." I said timidly.

He looked at me with the biggest grin on his face and took me in a big bear hug. I felt my baby kick in joy. All i could wish for was for Josh to be my child's daddy. I couldn't help but send a prayer that maybe some how josh and i could work out.I knew it was impossible because he lived in Oklahoma and i already had my life figured out here in Colorado, but i couldn't think of anything i wanted more than him.

Josh set down his gun and reached for a yellow envelope and handed it to me saying,"One of the few presents i have for you."

"I excitedly tore off the top and read the paper inside. as i read it my eyes filled with tears. I gently set the paper down and hugged josh tightly, "So you're stationed here then?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm staying home. I have a number of other presents for you and the baby too. "He said happily. I smiled as he lead me to a room with a bunch of wrapped presents. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to pick any present. "They are all for you my dear." 

"Really?!" i asked once again in disbelief.

"Well you and your baby"

As i opened the presents there was everything from cloths of all sizes to a crib and bath toys. There was even a small gun for my baby.I then suddenly found the baby's name. "Brandon Hunter" 

"What?" He asked.

"I want to name him Brandon Hunter. What do you think?"

"I love the sound of that, but Bri?"

"Yes Josh?" I asked ask i looked into his pale blue eyes.

"What will his last name be?"

"Fletcher i guess..." I said deep in though. I had a cute onsie sitting in my lap to stare at as i thought deeply about what i would do about Brandon's last name. Should i give him Spencer's last name or give him mine? Josh touched my hand nightly causing me to flinch.

"Can i maybe change it?" He said quietly.

"What do you mean honey?" 

"I have one last present i was saving for last. Rachel helped me with this. Bri we've dated and loved each other since day one. No matter how far we were we still found a way to always love each other. I came home for you. I knew you were pregnant, i always talked to rachel. She told me you were having a boy. I asked to be transferred to Norad so i could live with you and take care of Brandon with you. I want to be a dad Bri. I want to be Brandon's father. I've thought a lot all of this and i really think that we can all benefit from it and i think it would be a great opportunity for us all. I know you don't want to go back to Spencer."

"Josh, what are you trying to say my love?" 

He signed and wiped his hands on his pants trying to dry the nervous sweat from them. "Bri, I love you. I love this baby too. Iwant to be a family. I know this isn't how it normally should go. We should actually start dating again, but Bri..." He paused and began thinking again. Bri, Will you allow me the tremendous honor to be This child's father, and be your husband until the day we die?"

My jaw hit the floor and tears weld in my eyes. I put one hand over my mouth and another on my belly where Brandon was doing somersaults I took Josh's free hand and used it to help me kneel on the floor where i hugged him and cried tears of joy "Josh and i've always wanted to be your wife. Yes!" I said as i continued to cry into his neck. Camera shutters snapped as rachel came down the stairs with tears in her eyes, then Josh put the most beautiful ring on my finger and she snapped another picture. Then there was more hooting as his parents came down the stairs holding a video camera saying, "Now you may kiss your fiancee!" we laughed and kissed, i touched his cheek while we kissed showing off my perfect ring. All the while Brandon Hunter Buke kicked happily in my tummy. 

© 2014 briannafringer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on August 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 22, 2014

Author

briannafringer
briannafringer

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I like to write and run to relax. sometimes i make stories up randomly and i wanted a place to put them for people to read more..

Writing