The Drop

The Drop

A Story by Brielle S.
"

Describes how it felt today when I saw my love interest with another girl.

"

It’s that dropping action that gets you when you see that something is wrong. Your hands start shaking. Your heart beats faster and faster. Eyes bulge. And freeze - time stops. You drop the coffee that you’ve been craving for days. You were carrying too much anyway. You’re struggling to keep hold of that worn-out, blue binder that you decorated during one of the most happy and naive times of your life while your keys threaten to join the coffee pool forming under you. Your stomach drops. The air that previously filled your lungs has been violently and abruptly punched out of you. The mouth forms a perfect “o” as your breathing comes to halt. All that your brain is full of is this instant. It’s as though a thousand lifetimes have passed in that one moment.


No one notices, of course. You’re not quite sure whether that’s good or not.


You scream, “This way!” to your friends to avoid the moment.


They follow quite cluelessly, giving their reasons as to why you so suddenly decided to travel in the opposite direction. Of course, they are wrong. You continue life as you have to. And as you continue life as though that thousand years hasn’t passed, you become numb to the world.

© 2016 Brielle S.


Author's Note

Brielle S.
I just NEEDED to express how I felt today somewhere. Writing gives me the purpose I lack throughout the day. I don't desire many views; I just NEEDED to say this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's almost always that our real life experiences make up for good writing..... Our need to vent is our source of the best pieces
Beautifully written and very well expressed!!
Keep writing about your life because that's the best type of writing , atleast I think so

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2016
Last Updated on April 14, 2016
Tags: depression, numbness, love, time, life

Author

Brielle S.
Brielle S.

GA



About
Seventeen. Afraid of the future, but I know for certain that I was fated for photography and writing. "Le soleil luit pour tout le monde." more..

Writing
Oceans Oceans

A Poem by Brielle S.