My Saviour

My Saviour

A Story by SeanTheWriter
"

In their last moments, a drunken person finds God.

"

Like shattered glass, my mind is. Memories crawling back to me as the day goes on, slumbering, stumbling. Take a sip they said. It’d be fine they said.  If I was able to, I’d properly laugh in their face. I can remember them now, all of them, sinners looking down at me as the colours of red and green sparkle. I clutched to the floor, almost crying, felt my head explode into tiny little shards. Tears slipping down my cheek. Then, by the miracle of God, I started to walk as my strength returned to me.

 

Now, all I can feel is the dirt slipping through my hand and that overwhelming feeling of confusion as pain takes control of me. I am the devil’s puppet. I am not in control anymore. Was not. Still not. It doesn’t matter which one now. I can’t feel anything. Everything is numb, I try to move my body, but I can’t move. Still as a doll. I flutter and blink as my breathing contorts and twists. Again, pain rips through my body. My head. Everything is light. Everything. Then I see a figure with his hands stretched out towards me and I pray. My saviour?

 

Where am I? I do not know, yet, I see God take me by the hands, dragging me out of something… a ditch perhaps? I can feel the uncontrollable desire to vomit starting to rise now, more than before. Words… spoken words flutter around my head. But now, it’s spoken harshly. Viciously. Shouting. I drop to my knees, one hand digging into the dirt and one on my stomach as I spew words all across the floor. Praise be.

 

Suddenly, I hear my ears ringing with pain, the shrieking of... But now, I feel two pairs of hands dragging me and soon after, some sort of fabric being laid under me. More words spinning around me. A hand is placed on my shoulder as my guardian looks down on me. I see a flashing blue. He is here for me. I reach my hand out to the light, just to touch it, savour it. Then, everything goes dark as my hand falls through the air and down to the side as my saviour awaits with his hand reaching out to me. 

© 2019 SeanTheWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on March 12, 2019
Last Updated on March 12, 2019
Tags: Alcohol, Religion

Author

SeanTheWriter
SeanTheWriter

United Kingdom



About
I like creating fictional stories for everyone to read! more..

Writing