To This End

To This End

A Poem by William Teague

He plucked his eye out to allow his thoughts to flow out and onto the page. The pain allowed him intense focus. Of course he could write. This was a trait, being of Celtic blood. Voices spoke to him like a device and he recorded them. He considered himself likened to a tailor or cobbler. No different; only in the pocket; his pockets were lighter and so were his debts.

 

He always made a distinction between a starving artist and a hungry one. He was once told of his great gift and he countered, that it was a curse and not to employ it was the sin. Primordial voices compete for his attention. Sometimes he chooses the loudest and sometimes the softest depending on his mood, which was vast and varied. Like his moods his thoughts were the movement of a river always in flux, always moving. But on rare occasions he could be of singular thought. It was these times that that one thought could be good or it could be evil. Both of equal power to create or destroy. The creative, is zen like focus, able to describe beauty. The destructive so horrible it has been known to destroy the reader.

 

It's always that way; people fear the shadow's they themselves cast. Still there's always hope, it grows in the corners like mold. And sometimes prolific like moss on the north of trees and rocks that pop their heads out in a brook. Sometimes like the pungent aroma of the pine tar docks.

 

And then there's the voices that have been silenced either by violence or by there own inability to speak. These are the voices that are missed as well as forgotten dissolved within the lingering mist whose wounds finally heal when there are no longer witnesses. And to this end; is time.

© 2013 William Teague


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Chris, Thank you very much. Please know that it really helps to have encouragement from the writers. I do look forward to reading your work as well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Svetlana, Thank you for your kind words I really appreciate it. To be honest usually I have a very poor outlook on my work. I do look forward to reading your work soon.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this piece! You really start off strong and hook the reader from the beginning. A true writer is always honest with himself and the reader, that is exactly what you've done here and I love it! We writers have all different thoughts, some good, some evil. Both are able to be quite effective to a writers creative process. I love how different elements and moods are able to change our way of writing and expressing ourselves. You have so well with this particular piece. Brilliant!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013

Author

William Teague
William Teague

staten island, NY



About
I am not starving artist, i'm a hungry one. It's good to be here at the Cafe. more..

Writing