The Story of the Lamb

The Story of the Lamb

A Story by ZFrick
"

This was written for a girl I like currently who is known as "the lamb" she doesn't feel for me in the same way though. Friendzoned yeah

"
A cold breeze blows down the deserted street stirring dead leaves and the remains of trash always littering a city road. A girl sits on an empty doorstep a lost look as she gazes down. She isn't very tall only five foot five but has long hair dyed a dark almost blood red. Bruises dot her skin, old scars from some laboring task riddling her arms and legs yet still only faintly visible with her lightly tanned skin. Looking in her eyes, these blueish grey orbs, you can see a longing to be accepted. That lost look resides hidden in the recesses or her irises that most look past. She shivers slightly in the cool breeze and stands using the wall for support. She begins to walk and the street fills with people that continue past without so much a sidelong glance even if she reaches out in greeting. She has found herself a lone lamb, gentle and loving, among a world of lions and wolves. She is fearful frantically wishing someone would help someone love her as we all desire but none stop. None save one lion, a slightly taller man with long dirty blonde hair and scars riddling his body of fights many never face. He carries an anger though. He beckons the lamb and she comes happy someone even noticed. He begins to walk on the lamb in tow for the lamb has fallen in love with the lion. He amuses himself with his new companion feigning affection and love to keep her in tow. But eventually he grows tired of the lamb as her need for him, his safety and stability, does nothing but enrage him and he abandons her like all those before. The lamb finds herself lost, no idea where she is new scrapes and bruises dotting her body from the frantic work done to appease the lion. She breaks fully crumbling finally after so long. She sinks into the dirt and much broken beyond belief her eyes holding nothing but pain. Everyone walks past a smirk Apparent on their lips as they have heard nothing but what the lion has said. She is alone again. Suddenly from the shadows emerges a man. He is tall, yet thin, muscle rippling beneath the surface of his scarred skin a hardness in his brown eyes flecked with green showing a mixture of rage and compassion hidden behind it all a longing forlorn look of a man who has endured much. He is tanned fresh wounds riddling his arms, some self inflicted others from work he does for others. He walks over and offers a hand to the lamb, his hair matted with sweat. She is hesitant but he is patient until slowly she accepts it and stands. She looks at the man for a closer look. He is tall, tanned skin with cuts both old an new on his arms where he makes his art. Eyes both hard and soft back bent under the burden of the world yet still unbroken, hair a dark almost black recently cut short spiked slightly from constant running hands in worry. He looks away and utters, "I watched you with the lion and I am sorry he let you be destroyed. But go on, walk I will keep you safe. No you neednt stay beside me no one does once they are on their feet. Its okay I am not that great of a man. You may leave" and he turns to go running back to the shadows whispers of demon and monster emenating from the people around. The lamb watches and stands torn on what to make of this demon who now watches from the shadows. He is broken like me she thinks a good man. Yet all he desires is love. Meanwhile the demon sits in shadow watching the lamb and thinking to himself she is just as I am broken wishing only to be loved. I will protect her knowing she will never fall for a demon like myself. But I will protect her. The lamb stands awhile longer before turning to walk on unknowing the demon sits in the shadows thinking of her watching, protecting. For somehow the demon who loved an angel fell for the lamb. Both so similiar yet one yet to mix with the dark, only break, while the other lives in the dark still Broken yet fighting where none have stood long. The demon and the lamb together while one walks and the others simply watches fighting all the while in secret for the lamb to thrive.

© 2015 ZFrick


Author's Note

ZFrick
Ignore like punctuation and typos please, I'm on my crappy phone typing it in a text message. What do you think though?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 14, 2015
Last Updated on August 14, 2015
Tags: Hero, Demon, Lamb, Broken, Emotional, Love

Author

ZFrick
ZFrick

springfield, IL



About
I don't write much but I'm trying to get into it again tbh more..