Wild Monsters

Wild Monsters

A Story by Rhea Rey
"

A mini story, which can be a prologue to a bigger one eventually. When the earth shakes, something terrible happens to people. But there is one boy, who saw it coming.

"

When the earth started to shake, Jim was scouting round the old building he had discovered in the woods. He looked around, scared that the walls may collapse at him. He began to run and just as he was about to get out of the building, he saw a small boy standind in the corridor. Jim, having no time to ask him anything, grabbed his hand and took outside just in time. The ceiling fell down, crushing everything under.

- Are you here alone? - Jim asked the little boy.

The child looked at him, scared and nodded.

- What’s your name?

- Levi �" he responded quietly.

- Okay, Levi, we need to get back to the city �" said Jim and lead little Levi through the woods.

When they reached the gate to the city, Levi stopped, refusing to go any closer.

- Monsters �" he whispered. - They’re monsters in there.

- There are no monsters, there are only people in the city �" said Jim calmly. The boy was creeping him out at this point. He hasn’t spoken single word when they were in the woods.

Levi, however, wouldn’t budge, so Jim left him and aproached the gate.

The city was demolished, probably by the earthquake, which stopped as suddenly as it had began. People were panicking, screaming and running in every direction, but Jim couldn’t understand why, as the earth was stable for some time already.

Suddenly, a man jumped to the gate and opened it ajar.

- Run, you idiots! - he screamed at Jim and rushed to the woods.

Not a minute later a big crowd followed him, leaving the city. Jim just stood there, wondering, what is it all about. He startled, when a hand grabbed him.

- Monsters �" said Levi, clenching his arm. He was terrified.

- What do you mean by that? - asked Jim, impatiently.

Levi pointed at the crowd still running around the city. Jim looked at it and finally saw what was going on. People were running from other people… Different people. Wild. A woman was attacked by one of them. She screamed as the person…. the thing reaped her throat with bare hands and teeth.

- Monsters �" repeated Levi. - They have awoken.

© 2016 Rhea Rey


Author's Note

Rhea Rey
English is not my first language, so I'll be happy to know about all mistakes. Also, please tell me what do you think about this little piece of story, because I'm not sure if I should continue it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This could be fun! Remember to add quotation marks before and after a spoken sentence, so we know when someone is talking. I would like to see where you take this story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rhea Rey

7 Years Ago

Thank you :) I totally forgot about quotation marks to be honest. In my language we use dashes inste.. read more
D Connolly

7 Years Ago

Oh that's interesting!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2016
Last Updated on November 18, 2016
Tags: monsters, horror, magic, mistery

Author