[untitled]

[untitled]

A Story by Richard
"

A VIOLENT FIGHTING STORY ABOUT SMALL ANIMALS. READ FOR YOURSELF, NOW!

"

 

 

 His paws scraped the dust, a fraction from a jagged rock. Bloody and bruised, the mouse forced all of his energy into his right paw as he dodged another failed attack from the hawk. The match was was not going his way; he was tired and sore all over, multiple sprains covering his soft, furry little body. His life depended on the outcome of this single fight, surely one to written down in history books for centuries to come. All he needed to do was win this match!

The dead grass was starting to irritate his paws badly; he needed to find the bird's weakness. The one thing that could seperate life from death. His heart ached from running around so much. Blood trickled down his forehead from a gash that was created by one of the hawk's many deadly tallons. 

Swoop!

Again, the hawk's attack was foiled by the mouse's sharp reflexes. If he didn't know that the lives of his best friends depended on this match, he would've given up long ago. But his friends were in danger, and if he lost, they would be killed! If only he would've stayed at home like he should have! If only he never ran away and died! Oh, that cruel lady! How dare she put his soul into this tiny little rodent!

A tree in front of him snapped him back to reality and the fight. The tree! His clearly remembered stowing the bow and arrow from when he last fought a hawk at the base of a big maple, burried so now one else could get to it. The only thing was, the hawk was gaining and the tree was a good run away. He couldn't possibly outrun a hawk with only a fraction of his usual energy left! But there was no other option; it had to work!

The mouse, using the last of his energy, put on an amazing burst of speed, leaving the hawk bewildered and confused. But, unfortunately for the mouse, the hawk still had plenty of energy left and it easily sped right up to the poor rodent.

Chest heaving, lungs exploding, he dove at the base of the tree, weary of the hawk speeding in on him like a rocket. Shooting his paws into the dirt, he began frantically shoveling up dirt by the pawfuls. He searched hard, but found nothing except two pieces of broken twig. Narrowing his eyes at one of the broken twigs, he could make out a small sybol that resembled the one that he had made on his bow.

A sudden realization made his stomach sink. The bow must have snapped under the pressure of the dirt, now leaving the mouse with a useless bow.

Fwap! Tallons closed around the mouse's underside and hoisted him from the base of the tree. One of the halves of the twig flew from his grasp, while the other one stayed firmly in place. The world became a blur as he was swung too and fro, the hawk having no regard for his comfort.

He was slammed against the ground hard enough that he cough up a little blood, wetting his lips for the first time in hours. He tried to move, put all of his limbs except the paw with the twig were held down tight. Looking up, he could see the hawk's ugly face, covered with scars and crust, signs of blood still visible from the mouse's view.

Leaning down, he gave the mouse's a good view of the inside of his beak, showering him in rancid breath in the process. The mouse closed his eyes and waited for it to be over. He would welcome death over his life as it was anytime. His life sucked. He was always the second best at anything, no matter how hard he tried. His parents probably never even realised that he was gone, either.

A sudden vision of a young squirrel made made his cheeks turn red. She was beatiful in every way; her smile, her face, her personality, all perfect. This face the mouse knew very well, for it was the face of his lover, a young squirrel named Evermore. She had cheered him up, no matter what the circumstance. Her laugh was the only thing needed to brighten his day.

He was surprised when she began to speak.

"What is this? If you could only see yourself right now! You're even more pathetic that the hawk! If this is all the man you are, I don't even know why I spent my time trying to love you! You better win, mister! Lose to that hawk and you and I are over!"

Her voice cut his heart like a knife. He couldn't die, not now. He needed to win! Win like his friends' lives depended on it!

He took the broken twig and stuck the sharp end up just as the hawk attacked. having no time to stop, the twig went right through the hawk's throat, all the way out the back of his head. With a gurgle, it fell off of the mouse and onto its side, slain. Blood poured from both sides of its head, staining the ground it laid upon.

The mouse stood up and listened to the defening roar of the crowd. Lovely. He slowly walked away, happy that he and his friends had lived to fight another day.

© 2008 Richard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on September 28, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2008

Author

Richard
Richard

About
Getting back into the groove. ...Heh...its fun to say that...anyway, I have certain favorites, certain least favorites and certain people I don't want to get involved with. more..

Writing
Why Me? Why Me?

A Poem by Richard