Part II . . . kind of

Part II . . . kind of

A Story by VIMH (Voice In My Head)
"

It's still about a boy

"

 

Being brought back to the here and now, my memory started telling me what had happened during my . . . fit. Even though I forget my memory when I wake up, I am, regrettably, fully conscious during my episodes. I can’t control them. I can only pray that they come and leave swiftly.

Blinking, fragments of my memory resurfaced. Here it comes. I’m gonna pass out again. I have to relive the awful period. The street cracked with the sound of my head hitting the pavement. I would be alright in another hour or so.

I started out running, looking from the left and to the right. I could run at this speed for miles never fainting for breath. I came into a more populated area of town and slowed my pace to a normal jog. People gave me odd, questioning looks as I passed them, but I didn’t care. It takes a whole lot more than a questioning glance to make me self conscious.

I gently touched their minds as I went through the crowd, perusing for any information, like, where the nearest meat shop was. I would have to find one fast; otherwise I wouldn’t be able to control myself. Oh, no! I swore softly to myself. Of course there’s an accident. Of course there’s blood. Damn. I pushed myself to a faster pace, attracting way more attention that I wanted, but it was either that, or the other, horrible alternative of doing that thing here in front of people.

I often don’t express glee, but it was evident on my face as I caught the stray thought of a late working butcher. Food! I changed my direction quickly. People wouldn’t be able to see me now, I was going so fast, and, if I was getting better, they shouldn’t even be able to feel the slight breeze of my passing. Stopping in front of the store, I got ready; the air around me shimmered as I composed a new appearance for myself. I chose that of an attractive woman.

Bring, bring went the chime above the door. I sighed with annoyance at its shrillness. The man looked up and smiled, “What can I do for you?”

“I don’t think you can do anything, really. I was just wandering around and most other stores are closed.” I offered him a smile, flashing my white teeth. He looked startled. Oops. I forgot to change that part. I turned around, looking like I was going to grab one of the ads next to the door, and quickly modified my teeth. Better.

I turned around, ad in hand “Where can I find the special?” he still looked at me oddly. I stretched my thoughts out to him. Nothing dangerous in there, just wonder at what I was doing here.

“Page three.”

“Thank you.” I gave him another smile. His brows furrowed. What was it this time? I mentally drifted, looking at myself. I was perfect. In older days, men would have gone to war for me. Hm. “I was wondering if you had any . . . oh, how would I say this, live animals, back there.” he laughed, “Not here.” Touching his mind again, I found where the animals would be.

“Ah, well. Thanks anyways.”

Reverting back to my old form, I took to the skies, searching for the abattoir. He was very well off, for a butcher. I thought about that for a moment. That’s why he was nervous. I remembered where I had seen the woman whose form I had chosen. I knew I hadn’t made her up. She was in the paper the other day for breaking a drug ring. I laughed to myself. The old man has quite a profitable side business going for himself. I made a mental note to myself to notify the police when I woke up later.

Pushing that business aside, I landed on the property. Smelling my way, I found myself in a dark room. I took a deep sniff. Ooh, drugs. I took some to sell later. I went around the back and found a dark storage unit. Cows! But they smelled odd. Ah. The man was transporting drugs around in the cows’ stomachs. I’d have to find a clean one. I wanted to leave these guys for the police. Oh, well. Looks like pig again. I made quick work of one or two of them, returned back to the street where I started, then passed out.

© 2008 VIMH (Voice In My Head)


Author's Note

VIMH (Voice In My Head)
There's tons of crap that needs editing. You see anything incredibly outrageous, please let me know. I don't really know where this is going right now. I'm making up a whole bunch of crap as I go along, so if anything seems to unbelievable, yell at me. :D

yeeeep! Criticism is always good. Killing me would be a favour to someone I'm sure. So, yeah!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on June 20, 2008

Author

VIMH (Voice In My Head)
VIMH (Voice In My Head)

About
I'm 17 now and I'm interested in writing again! It will hopefully be much better than whatever I was writing before. Which I hope to finish, by the way... I've got a blog too! largelethargiclions... more..

Writing