That Pink Road

That Pink Road

A Story by bloody beautiful

That pink road.
So there she was. Sitting all alone, in the bathtub, full of blood. There it was, the knife she used, sitting on the floor beside the tub. The only movement in the icy bathroom was the cool breeze blowing the curtains a little.
She was partially unconscious, from all the blood loss.
No one had ever really seen the signs of her depression, sadness, anger, exept for her best friend, Tay.
Tay tried over and over to help, but nothing worked. Alex had a way of pushing people away when she needed them most.
She got to this point in her life, where she chose, she didn't want to live anymore.
You'd do the same, if you went through what she went through.
The metal on the sharp, bloody knife was ice cold, from the window being open. Her left arm draped over the bathtub, and the knife laying right undernieth her hand, on the floor. By the looks of it, you could easily tell she'd been clenching the knife to where the bottom had to have been digging into her palms, then as soon as it happened, her hand opened, and she dropped it.
As she lays there, lifeless, still, her body cold, hair drifting a little from the breeze, she starts to get flashbacks.
Maybe if she'd seen these sooner, she wouldn't be lying in a tub of blood right now, with a slit down her arm, gushing more blood into the stained red tub, blood streaming down the drain as if it was a river, streaming into a giant lake.
She saw her 16th birthday party, with all her friends, and her brand new car that she could finally drive. Actually, it was her dads old Jaguar, but she didn't care. It was new to her. She drove that thing everywhere.
She saw Christmas morning when she was 8. Opening all her presents, her mom video taping, the biggest smile on her face, ever.
That was before her mom died.
She then saw her and her dad in his old truck, driving to a fancy restaurant, for her 14th birthday.
Right before her dad died.
Right before the accident, that almost killed her, too.
Maybe if she hadn't gone insane, maybe if she could for once, think straight, these flashbacks would make sense. Maybe they'd even be in order. Maybe she would have seent them sooner.
She saw her mom and dad standing there in the middle of the bike store, smiles on their faces, watching their little girl pick out her first bike without training wheels.
She saw her riding that bike a week later, smile on her face, pedaling down the sidewalk as fast as she could, hair blowing back behind her, wind making her eyes water.
Then the flashbacks stopped.
All of a sudden, she saw a road.
The road was a tint of pink, with leaves covering the sides of the road.
It was pretty. But insane.
The trees, lining the pink road. Big, pretty trees. The kind that drop red and orange leaves in the fall.
But the leaves were not red. Were not orange. And were not green. They were bright pink, soft pink, hot pink, and all kinds of shades of the color pink.
The fallen leaves on the tinted pink road were pink. Everything was a shade or a tint of pink.
Don't get me wrong, it was pretty, but not natural.
Neither was the girl sitting in a bathtub of her own blood, either. Unconscious, on top of it.
She then saw herself.
In a pink floral dress.
She hated dresses, she always had. She never wore them. She was "goth".
She saw herself in that dress, walking slowly, emotionless, down the middle of that pink road.
The soft wind blowing calmly, slightly brushing her hair back, out of her face, and into the air. She only saw the back of her, she never saw her face. She was walking still, slowly, no sound, but the ruffling of the pink leaves, and the sounds of her sandals shuffling the rocks as she stepped down on the pink road.
Then, it all stopped. Everything stopped. Flashbacks stopped. Pink roads stopped. All visions, thoughts, emotions, memories stopped. The earth stopped. It stopped spinning, for her.
She was dead.
She slowly, as the blood was almost completely drained from her body, drifted away from earth. Her insides shut down, her brain shut down, her eyes rolled back, her arm lays limp, lifeless, over the side of the tub. The icy cold knife lay underneithe her hand.
She had in fact, killed herself.
It wasn't until three days later, her best friend Tay, found her dead, lifeless, icy cold, decaying body, in the white, red-stained tub.

© 2012 bloody beautiful


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was horribly sad and fantastic at the same time. Not that she killed herself, obviously, but the story was great. Its sad that this actually happens to people. You did a great job on this. :)
-Aud

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
1 Review
Added on May 12, 2012
Last Updated on May 12, 2012
Tags: that, pink, road, suicide, commit, kill, die, teen, blood, nature

Author

bloody beautiful
bloody beautiful

About
I like to write twisted, mind f*****g short stories. more..

Writing