When The Devil Met Her...

When The Devil Met Her...

A Story by blueash
"

An extremely short horror story...

"

It has been a week since Mike spoke to her, making it their longest fight.


Soon after that visitor had left, he settled on the couch. Just staring at the wall, not blinking or breathing. He hasn't even wiped off that thick red fluid dripping from his nose, mouth, everywhere. Not even that horrid odour seems to bother him.


But what angered her was the fact that he had dirtied her knives. She'd managed to pull them out of his neck but that red goo wasn't washing off. Stupid Mike.


Her mind went back to that visitor. And his knowing smile.


At first glance, she had been terrified. Just being in his presence seemed to awaken the part of her that she hadn't known existed, the part most people spent their lives hiding- dark, cruel and evil. Every memory she was ashamed of, she was scared of flashed before her eyes.


His lean frame had been hidden by a black coat that clearly needed washing. There had been white stains all over it- for a moment they had looked like pale human faces screaming and wailing- and they added to her terror. She wanted to run away or scream for help.


But that's when she had looked into his eyes-red like blood.

No, red like roses, something whispered. The same thing told her to relax. He was no enemy. And so she didn't flee. Didn't scream. She listened to his silk voice instead. So calming.


She doesn't remember much of the conversation.

Only about how he had apologised for the inconvenience. She had to help him because his workers were on strike. Something involving knives. She doesn't remember too clearly.


She just needed to help him.

 And so she had.

And Mike hasn't spoken to her ever since...

© 2014 blueash


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. You convay the meaning clearly, without wasted words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


blueash

10 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on March 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2014
Tags: horror

Author

blueash
blueash

India



About
A 17 year old with a thirst for good literature and instigating stories. The thirst has now become an acute hunger and something like a survival need, so I started writing the stories I wanted to read.. more..

Writing