SYNTHETIC VS. AUTHENTIC

SYNTHETIC VS. AUTHENTIC

A Story by bluebochee
"

This was published on our school paper. It was on my column. :D

"

God shaped the earth, and everything was natural. When he did, there were no artificial bits and pieces that float above the ground. As people started drifting, interventions seize the toll at a snail’s pace. Stone Age made fires, the metal era crafted irons, and our computer period astonishingly fashioned plastics.


If we are to consult our friends,(Merriam and Webster,) the term plastic is denoted as a man-made material; a manufactured produce..., but in our today’s informal language, especially teenagers, define ‘plastic’ in such a line of attack as SOMEONE who is pretentious and unreal; SOMEONE who is SYNTHETIC.


The word was so coined for many people skin themselves twice to astound their surroundings, and probably, to expand the collection of their so-called “friends.”


Some would try climbing the peak of the mountain even if they are paralyzed. Others would smile at you in the midst of the tropical weather even if you make their heads warmer. A bunch would even tell you a secret about some things or some people even if you are their secret when you are poles apart (it could be a direct verbal communication, via emails and sms, or even by merely performing signs and face expressions.) And the most disgusting of all�"they are more than leeches. A leech would zip drops of your blood, and when they are filled, they will disengage their mouths from your casing, but not synthetic people�"they would have to magnet themselves closer to you when they need your sap. Unlike leeches, they will retain, so that they can save bags of blood for future use.


People with such mind-set have been part of the humankind. As when God stationed our first ancestors in the middle of the Garden of Eden, a serpent was hanging. It was there speaking like an angel, but behind its language were curses.


Same is true in the setting of our society today. There may be people whose tongues sound so sweet, but their buds are ironically the bitterest of all. Their eyes might seem to be sent from above, too, but by deeply looking, they are randomly piercing your figure. Also, you may find them like voice recorders when you speak. Their ears appear to be so attentive and absorbent, but when you request for a replay, their mouths turn like a tightly capped can that never permits any object from spilling, and a foreign matter from coming in. Of course, within each of them is their heart. Guess what? They have something for you. The littlest space possible for acquaintance, and everything that was left is a hollow space�"what an assumed surprise!


The following statements are still suitable for wide readers. Self-guidance and assessment is advised.


After internalizing, who are you among the two faces, SYNTHETIC or AUTHENTIC? And the people you use to address “friends?”

Are you a living proof of the proverbial “Birds of the same feather flock together?” How about the saying “You are what they are?” Will you also permit those “best-dressed zombies” eat your brains? And will you also authorize those “wonderfully coloured angry birds” diminish your established integrity?


ARE THOSE YOUR FINAL ANSWERS? Double-check. You are not yet guaranteed!


Interpersonal dealing is not just a confinement between two, or among three, four, or five diverse personalities. It is the biggest slice of pizza that you’ll ever eat in your entire life, in fact.


Lady Gaga’s “born-this-way principle” is not even a pretext, too. Only an irrational person will suppose it as an extreme excuse of their being.

It’s funny what synthetic people think of themselves. They are just-what-the-doctor-ordered reflections of their own mirror, anyway. And they never know what lies next to their doings. Even the scripture says, “Whatever you have used to measure others will be the same medium that others will use to measure you.”

 

This small piece would either rally round your mind in selecting the people you yearn to pact with, or it would also be the best medicine that I can ever prescribe to those who left their GENUINE SKINS inside their mothers’ wombs.

SYNTHETICS, wear your bulletproof jackets now. AUTHENTICS, continue walking stripped.

 

© 2011 bluebochee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A broad spectrum of themes and topics in this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on October 27, 2011
Last Updated on October 27, 2011

Author

bluebochee
bluebochee

Philippines



About
Not a numb, not a dumb, not a noob, nor an expert... My simplicity says it all-- and these things make me so damn EXTRAORDINARY!!! :) more..

Writing