Informed Consent

Informed Consent

A Story by mandy
"

Manda Discovers Something About The Abortion Industry That Nearly Leads To Her Death

"
It is an early spring day in 2008 when Manda Davison is sitting at her desk scouring the internet for a topic for her next column-she is well aware that she has a deadline to meet so she does not need her editor to stick his in the door for the umpteenth time that day to remind her of her approaching deadline. She finally finds what she's looking for, a child sex abuse scandal involving Planned Parenthood but before she can get started, she has to ask for permission from her editor first.

She approaches her editor with the story and after alot of convincing, he gives her his okay to write the column then she has her assistant make the necessary arrangements for interviews, she then gathers her necessary materials together in her briefcase including the list of contacts and questions and she is on her way to the first interview. She meets all of the interviewees in a neutral place so they will be more at ease when talking to her.

"Good morning, Miss Antley, I'm Manda Davison, I'm the columnist that you scheduled the interview with," says Manda and they shake hands. Once they have gotten the niceties out of the way, Manda asks, "Can you tell me what exactly your job is at Planned Parenthood, Miss Antley?" "I am employed as a nurse," says Cynthia. "So you are in the room when the abortions are peformed?" Manda inquires. "Yes, I am in the room when the abortions are performed" Cynthia answers.

Manda asks, "Are you aware that abortions are being peformed on underage girls to cover-up an illicit relationship?" "No, I am not aware of it because no one says anything to me about it" Cynthia answers. "I find that very hard to believe" retorts Manda. "Believe what you want to believe but it's the god's honest truth!" exclaims Cynthia. "Well, if you don't know anything about then who would know?" inquires Manda. "The counselor would know" answers Cynthia.

"The counselor would be Delinda King, right" Manda inquires. "Yes, that's right" Cynthia clarifies. "She's the next name on my list of contacts" Manda continues. They shake hands goodbye and they part ways then Manda meets Delinda at the Olive Garden for their interview. Manda hopes that this interview will go more smoothly than the last one did. They get the niceties out the way and they get down to the business of the interview.

"You would be the counselor at Planned Parenthood, right" Manda inquires. "Yes, I am the counselor at Planned Parenthood. "So it would be your job to get permission from the parents if the patient is underage and to inform the patients of what the abortion would entail" inquires Manda. "Yes, that is in my job description although sometimes I'm told not to do it" Delinda answers. "Why would you be told not to do it?"asks Manda.

"Well, there's always someone that comes in with the patient" replies Delinda. "But they're not the parents, are they?" inquires Manda. "No, they're not the parents" answers Delinda. "Don't you think that the real parents need to know that their underage daughter is at a Planned Parenthood clinic?" "No, I don't because the patients even if they are underage are still entitled to the right to privacy and to be able to make the choice for themselves since it's their body."

"Please don't give me the right to privacy crap"retorts Manda. "Underage girls are not even entitled to one shred of privacy as long as they are still living with their parents and don't give me the my parents will kill me if they find out excuse either because I'm not buying one damn bit" she continues. "I have done plenty of things that I never told my parents about and they never once laid a hand on me." "That's just your experience," says Delinda.

"No, that's everyone's experience " retorts Manda and if parents knew what their underage daughters were doing then you wouldn't be seeing scare and confused underage girls at a Planned Parenthood clinic." Manda decides to call an end to the interview before she let's her temper get the better of her and she leaves. Once she's back at her office, her editor asks her how the interviews went and she says, "Not well, not well at all." "Well, that's too bad" her editor replies with sympathy.

Manda decides to call it a day and goes home to destress but the smell of smoke interrupts her thoughts; she looks around and sees that her house is on fire so she grabs her toy poodle, jumps out of a window, and sprints to a neighbors house to dial 911. The police arrive onto the scene and they ask her a bunch of questions and she tries to answer them the best that she can; its a good thing that she left all of her materials at work otherwise they would have burned in the fire.

She goes back over the days events in her mind but nothing stands out though she's still determined to find out who tried to kill her so she goes to the clinic that Delinda works thinking that she'll find some answers there. Delinda looks up from her vantage point and says, "I see you're still alive." "It was you who tried to kill me, you b***h", do you think that you can do something like that to me and expect to get away with it?" rages Manda.

"If you think that you succeeded, you are sadly mistaken my friend because I left all of my materials at work," Manda adds, "so the public will still know what Planned Parenthood is doing and the public has the right to know because the public's right to know outweighs any right to privacy." Manda goes back to her office to write her column and to expose Delinda. A few days later, Manda's column is finished and is in the newspaper which prompts an investigation into Planned Parenthood's practices.

Manda moves into a hotel until her house is redone and arson charges are filed against Delinda, in addition to, attempted murder charges. The investigation into Planned Parenthood's practices is concluded, they are put on trial for a myriad of charges, and they are completely shut down, in addition to the charges and being shut down, they have to pay fines and civil suits-because of all of this coverage, Roe vs Wade is overturned and abortion is deemed illegal once again.

© 2008 mandy


Author's Note

mandy
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

mandy
mandy

Marion, LA



About
My name is Mandy Davis, I'm thirty-years old, and I've always wanted to be a writer. more..

Writing
The Bet The Bet

A Story by mandy


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by mandy