Whispers of the Past

Whispers of the Past

A Poem by Her Beautiful Melancholy
"

At first, I thought of writing about the night sky. But then I remembered the heartaches this certain guy gave me. Thus, a poem about losing and longing for love.

"

As clouds surround heaven and the night sky darkened

Moonlight's casting shadows of yesterday's evening.

While souls are roaming, wondering what's happening,

The stars are bright, beaming and blaming.


Midnight's rushing and I'm here dreaming

thinking of the reasons why you left me hanging

Reasons buried deep and kept hidden

That'll bear a hole in my heart that's merely beating.


Oh, your voice, it echoes in my head, it's ringing

I still can't help my feelings from falling.

I have become a slave--binded in the past

And it hurts like hell when I'm reminiscing.


Midnight's rushing, midnight's rambling

The cold wind is whistling

While I'm here dreaming.


-beautifulmelancholy-

© 2010 Her Beautiful Melancholy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautifully painful.

This is so beautiful and so sad. A pain I understand too well, "I still can't help my feelings from falling ... And it hurts like hell when I'm reminiscing." Don't you wish you could just shut those memories out of your mind and out of your heart? Now that's just me dreaming.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Whoa.. Indeed. A very good writer ha. haha. Ang loser ko menh. :(( Haha, ngayon ko na lang ulit binisita 'to.!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I recently experienced pain because of a certain guy too, so your poem was very meaningful to me. As I read it, it felt as though you had reached down into your heart and transformed your pain into beautiful words. Writing truly is theraputic, isn't it? Please let me know when you write more! I love your writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautifully painful.

This is so beautiful and so sad. A pain I understand too well, "I still can't help my feelings from falling ... And it hurts like hell when I'm reminiscing." Don't you wish you could just shut those memories out of your mind and out of your heart? Now that's just me dreaming.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very well crafted work. Your labor shows here and it has paid off. The stars are bright beaming blaming, that is just wicked good. Wish I'd thought of that. You didn't tread beaten paths, but found some very original ways to sing of a broken heart.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful and Melancholy and a very cool poem.....While souls are roaming, wondering whats happening.....I can feel this very easily. I also really like how your presentation of mood is very descriptive and not at all crowded.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautifulfully penned poem. The pain is evident throughout, but it creates stunning imagery. Sad, what Love can do.... Hope you found someone new who will love you as much as you're willing to love them.. Great poem!!!

Josie

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2010

Author

Her Beautiful Melancholy
Her Beautiful Melancholy

Philippines



About
She is a dreamer, a seeker, an aspiring journalist, a curious cat, a minimalist, a music lover, an art sucker and a hopeless romantic. She sings [in the bathroom], she dances and she swoons, she wr.. more..

Writing