unplug from distractions, connect to what matters

unplug from distractions, connect to what matters

A Story by Brittany

The name of the retreat this weekend was unplugged. We were challenged to unplug ourselves from things such as over commitment, peer pressure, media, our past, and our challenges.

I still need to unplug.

This weekend I was supposed to unplug, however I didn't fully. There are plugs still fully in the socket. There are others that are falling out, and there is one that is laying on the floor completely pulled from the socket.

Going through school today was intense. There were points when I was happy, sad, confused, calm, frustrated, and sad. In my spanish class I started to become frustrated and upset, and I found myself praying. AND it helped. I am just frustrated because I don't understand my emotions right now. I don't have that typical retreat high, but there is something. This retreat has me thinking, more that I think almost any other retreat has done. Instead of that normal life is good after retreat feeling, I have this intense want to be better, to help others, to think, to learn, to understand. I CANT really describe what I am feeling. I just know that God is there, and I feel sooo much closer to Him.

I can feel the spirit moving within me.

It seems that all I have learned and thought about is still working within me. Almost like I could have used a few more days to unplug. But then I ask myself, why do I have to stop uplugging? The answer..... I don't. I didn't mean for this note to be all negative, because it isn't meant to be.


I did get closer to God.
I did realize different things.

while I didn't unplug from everything, I did unplug from one specific thing, that I have been struggling with my entire life. I just hope that as time passes, I won't plug that plug back in. Once I unplugged from that, my entire life seemed to crash around me. I started thinking of my past, my present, my future, and I couldn't stop crying. And I was soo grateful for the people around me, while also being sorry for being so incredibly weak at that point. 

I learned soo much.

and I remembered. I remembered how much God, and my church means to me. I realized that in the past couple months how far away I have been, but as someone said to me this retreat, I still knew in my heart, that I would understand, and realize how much God loved me. I am so grateful for everyone at that church. I am so amazed at how close we all our. we truly are a family, and it is amazing.

I was so blessed to see soo many people around me find and embrace the wonder that is God. It was heartfelt to hear some of people's stories. It was comforting to be enveloped in the arms of people you love.

It was a great weekend. But it shouldn't just take a retreat for us to get this excited about church. as Q said we should always be going.......

I AM ON A CHAIR, IN THE SKY.

My mind isn't fully together, so I don't really have any huge messages that you should take from this note. The only one I have is..... God loves you. And remember that when you at your lowest moments, but also remember that when you are at your highest highs.

thank you to everyone who was on that retreat, I had an great, moving, inspiring, emotional, amazing time. thank you for your tears, and for your laughs.

and I leave you all with.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Colossians 3:17

© 2009 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on September 17, 2009

Author

Brittany
Brittany

About
I am just a girl with a passion for writing. more..

Writing