A Moment To Remember

A Moment To Remember

A Story by bobric
"

what happens when a wife catches her husband red-handed?

"

“Finished!”  Sally thumbed the coupons into envelopes.  She was a shopping freak.  Harry had to lock up the credit cards  for a year.  Now he didn’t mind.  Her newspaper and online coupons  saved them tons.  


“Aren’t you ready, yet?”  Harry sounded grumpy.  He still didn’t like shopping, even though she made his truck payment.


“Just.”  She took a moment to primp.  Harry was already racing his engine. Sally barely had time to slam her car door closed before they were off to the races.


“Drop me off, Harry. There’s Sue.  I’ll catch a ride back.”  


“First I do, then I don’t.  Wish you broads would make up your minds.”  


Sally ignored him.  It was getting easier to do lately.  with a start, she eyed Harry speculatively.  Was she losing her touch?


After shopping they visited the 4th and Main costume shop.  “You wouldn’t dare walk the strip in that hooker outfit.”  


“It’s for a Halloween party.  Harry’s been sticking his nose in front of the TV too much.


“I wouldn’t recognize you if I didn’t know it was you.  Fifty dollars just to walk a block on the strip.”


“Fifty?  Deal.”  Sally had second thoughts.  Sue had to push her out.  A streetwalker wanted to get her off her turf until Sally explained.


A whistle made Sally stop in her tracks.  “What is Harry doing here? How’d he know I’d be here?”  She felt so embarrassed  She walked over and got in his truck.  


“New here, ain’t ya pretty girl. I usually ask for Louise but you’re too cute to pass up.”


Sally avoided the hand grab.  “Changed my mind.”  She made her escape.  It was a good thing the credit cards and checkbooks weren’t locked up.  Sally was going shopping for a high-priced lawyer.

© 2016 bobric


Author's Note

bobric
Interested in feedback on plot, setting, characterization, dialogue, grammar. will review your work in return on request.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Harry and Sally - was this intentiona. lol

The dialogue was really good as was the last piece of your work i read.
At the begining I sensed a couple rushing couple wanting to get out of the house for diffrent reasons which became apparant as the chapter concluded.

When the couple we're in the car together and the brief conversation they had i could feel the tension from the man crossing over to his wife and also i felt that she was more interested in seeing sue as she knew the marriage was failing and was in a way desperate for an excuse to get out of the car.

Good ending, Harrys for the high jump when he gets back.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on October 23, 2016
Last Updated on October 23, 2016
Tags: humor, comedy, Halloween, relationship, marriage, divorce

Author

bobric
bobric

Ogden, UT



About
Self-published fantasy author interested in sharing critiques more..

Writing
Siren's Call Siren's Call

A Story by bobric


Civic Virtue Civic Virtue

A Story by bobric


Choosing Pets Choosing Pets

A Story by bobric