Letter to my ex: eye opener

Letter to my ex: eye opener

A Poem by Bonie

Dear Ex,
I gotta write Ex because your name might make people think I dated a girl. I always loved your name. Attracted me to you. You grew up in a native town but you had a foreign name. I was interested in knowing your story. I was an innocent just out of secondary school that had a lot to learn about life. I wanted fun, you gave me fun. I wanted parties, you took me to my 1st party. I even learnt how to grind a guy. I couldn't talk to people but you made me bold. You were my eye opener.
I fell in love with you easily. You had the sweetest mouth and yeah lips. You were a man. You never let me pay for things. You were there to defend me. You were a man. You were never contented with just one woman drooling over you. You loved the chase more than you loved me. I wasn't going to be your last prey. I thought it was what cool guys did. You were my eye opener.
Social network was just a b***h. I was new to it. You were asking for girls' pins in my presence. I didn't understand. I thought it was an academic thing. I thought you had the flair for meeting new people and making new friends. You were my eye opener.
You took my innocence after waiting two years for it. I had to trust you with my life then because you waited. I knew there was no way you were having sex outside until the stories I heard afterwards. How would I have expected you to be celibate too? Blind b***h I was.
My eyes opened when you said you wanted me no more. Uncried tears flowed when you said you couldn't make me happy anymore. Even months later, I didn't know who I was. My life was revolved around you. I was your girlfriend. Nothing more. Spent the next year discovering myself. Knowing my likes and dislikes. How I wanted to be touched and kissed and held. How to be a woman. For that, I thank you. My eye opener.

© 2013 Bonie


Author's Note

Bonie
This is my first time. Be gentle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is so Raw... i like the uncut reality of it. sure many can relate!
that first line made me laugh!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bonie

10 Years Ago

oh my! thank you so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2013
Last Updated on November 20, 2013

Author

Bonie
Bonie

Port Harcourt, Nigeria



About
I'm a young girl with a very old heart. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Story by Bonie


XES/S*X XES/S*X

A Poem by Bonie