Night and Day

Night and Day

A Story by books1697
"

A bit of a love story between Night and Day

"
The world slowly spun as Day and Night kept their watch over it. Day would look over one half of the world while across from her Night kept his watch. 
Day is a beautiful woman with long flowing hair that is the color of sunlight, and glimmered like precious gold. Her skin is as delicate a blue as the sky, and she wears a long flowing gown that was made of the whitest clouds. Draping over her neck and shoulders is a gorgeous golden shoulder necklace and in the center of the delicate jewelry is a large pendant, which held the sun that lights up the Earth. 
Across from Day is Night, who is as handsome as Day is beautiful. His hair is as black as the evening sky and rests just a little bit above his eyes. His skin is as an enchanting silver as the moon. He wore dark pants and shirt that sparkled with a million silver stars. In the middle of Night's shirt is the moon, which was now shifting into the waning phase, but was still as beautiful and silver as ever.
The most beautiful thing about both Day and Night are their eyes. The iris of Days eyes resembled a sunrise, and contained the colors of gold, orange, pink, and blue; while Night's eye's resembled a sunset containing the colors of gold, orange, red, and violet. 
As Day and Night observed the Earth, Night looked at Day and asked,"Why do so many people fear me"? Day shook her head and said,
"Why ever would you think such a horrid thing"? Night just looked at the Earth and sighed. 
"Whenever my shadow begins to darken the Earth," Night explained, "People begin to hasten everything they do." He suddenly became slightly enraged. "Did you ever notice how many people take advantage of me, to use my darkness as cover for their terrible deeds? When people see you; walking down forest paths is enchanting, walking through a garden's maze is enjoyable, walking through a city's alley is acceptable." His eyes dimmed slightly as he continued."When people see me; walking down forest paths is suddenly terrifying, walking through a garden's maze is a confusing and frightening, and walking through a city's alley is dangerous." Day nodded understandingly and said
"It's not that people are afraid of you, it's that they are afraid of what they can't understand. With light every thing is in view. People are able to see their surroundings and what lies ahead. There are no secrets in light because every thing can be seen." She gestured toward Night. "People are afraid of darkness because that can't understand it like you and I. People fear what they can't see and what secrets could possibly be hiding in the dark." Day smiled then said " I love everything about you, for everything about you is beautiful, even if you can't see it. Even your darkness. It's apart of you, it's what makes you who you are, and I love every bit of it." Night's eyes began to light up again. He smiled at Day and leaned in to gently kiss her lips causing a spectacular solar eclipse. When they finally pulled away from each other, they each moved to the other's half of the world, and the sun slowly began to rise, and set as the world went on, not knowing, or ever thinking anymore about Night and Day.

© 2013 books1697


Author's Note

books1697
Please ignore grammar issues, and this is not to offend any religion at all I just thought it would be a cool story for people to enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: day, night, universe, life, love

Author

books1697
books1697

About
I'm just a kid who dreams of becoming a respected author. more..

Writing
Shamed Shamed

A Story by books1697