little lucy

little lucy

A Story by loserface mcgee

 

     Lucy is the prettiest girl I've ever met. Lucy wore her light blonde hair up in curly blonde pigtails when she was young, and wore frilly dresses, and gloves with bows, and little black mary-janes that shone when the light hit them. Lucy's eyes were an unnatural sea blue, you'd expect tosee a mermaid dancing in and out of her eyes, occasionally hopping onto the pupils to brush her long hair. Lucy's skin was very fair, and her lips were a light pink. As she grew up, that look of untimely innocence prevailed, her smiles wider and hair curlier. She was such a pretty thing, you'd never imagine what really went on in her head.

     Lucy had everyone wrapped around her fingers by the time she was five. When she was thirteen, she was swooped up by a modeling agency, and became the poster girl for lolita couture. She popularized pigtails, frilly dresses, gloves with bows, and little black mary-janes that shone when the light hit them. Girls started wearing contacts to make their eyes look like Lucy's. Her parents remembered their Little Lucy more than anyone else - an innocent, shy little girl, and now she was a model.

     Lucy starred in her first major motion picture at fifteen. As a child star, she was an instant hit, making good of everything she did. But, as is prone to happen to child stars, Lucy grew old, though her face did not. It kept that youthful look about it, even when Lucy seemed to be growing ill - and that, she did.

     She started getting paler, and she was nearly white already. The frail nineteen-year-old's hair grew silver prematurely, and oddest of all, her eyes lost all color - then they lost their pupils. She looked completely blank, like a moving statue. Lucy's dresses greyed, due to lack of care, and her little black mary-janes lost their shine. What no one knew was that Lucy could still see. Lucy enrolled in a college, and was snapped up. Everyone wanted her.

     They shouldn't have.

     As soon as she unpacked her things in her dorm, something went horribly wrong. Mirrors shattered as soon as she entered a room, and everyone felt nervous around her. Whenever these things happened, you'd think you could imagine color in her eyes again, although they were never blue again - they almost seemed to have a yellow quality to them. Lucy's smile broadened again, and she seemed less frail, although she never bothered to fix the tears in her dress that seemed to appear randomly, and she never bothered to shine her mary-janes.

     For two years, no one knew what went on in Lucy's head. Lucy barely knew what went on in her head. But a clue come along when they found her dorm room on the twenty-second of April.

     It was bloody...

     And it was dark...

    And her roommate Victoria was pinned to the wall with the silverware that had gone missing from the cafeteria over the past week...

     And there was Little Lucy, bathed in Victoria's blood on the floor, and her mary-janes were shining again. She was spread-eagle, flat on her back, and her white hair had turned red, spilled in a halo and covered with blood. Some of it must have been hers, too - carved on her chest was "I did it", and just below, in her stomach, was the last turkey fork to have gone missing.

     Lucy was the prettiest girl I've ever known.

© 2009 loserface mcgee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

scary
i love it

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 14, 2009
Last Updated on February 19, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

loserface mcgee
loserface mcgee

st. louis, MO



About
ohai. hi i'm boots and i think you're neat. i'm basically a mood swing on legs. i like my mouse, i like my friends, and i reaaaaaally like my music. i'm a huge nerd and i like you. (: more..

Writing