The Road

The Road

A Story by Jessiee
"

this was ment to be a poem, but i changed it into a story, but its the 6th in my class writing.

"

I am standing on a road.

This road is dark, althought the sky is pink and orange with a rising sun. Its a dirt road, cold and hard in the middle of nowhere, Alaska.

I see, on my road, a train track with possibly thousands of roaps near it. I see somthing very faintly colored, a tan orange kitten.

I look to the right and i see a small child, weeping for somthing near her frightens her. I look to the left and i see that thing that frightens her, and it frightens me too. Its cold and hard. A body, but it is truly alive, just lying on the ground. Its not the prettiest thing.

I listen carefully and hear that small child cry, and not with happiness. I hear that most ugly creature near me whisper somthing i can not make out. I listen, for in the distance i hear scared cries from that poor little kitten.

I smell rubber, from the ropes. I smell fire, from somewhere in the distance, thinking it is the train.

I feel the cold air of Alaska. I feel my heart beat as the small child cries.

Why am i out here? I think i was drawn here. I saw the road when i opened my eyes, and i was just here.

I was with my cousin, before i appered here, shopping and having fun. Then my cousin started crying. I tried to comfort her, but nohting worked so i sat on the bench, closed my eyes, and now im here.

I go up to the little girl. I try to comfort her, just like i did my cousin, but again nothing worked. I looked up at her, in her red eyes and realized it was my cousin, when she was five. The creature next t me groans, hisses, and whispers something that starts wiht a F, and i still cant make it out. I, terrified, run to the small kitten. As i hold it, something makes me realize why i am out here. I stick the kitten in my purse, with a hole left in it so it can breath, and it begins to purr.

This road, i believe, is an imagination. If i try to escape, it will not go away. I must think about nothing, then i will return to my weeping cousin.

I feel emotionally, sad. That poor kitten has made me realize why my imagination, or so i believe, is full of sadness. Its sort of a failure, this imagination, because it has tried to make this girl happy and the moster pretty, but unsuccessfully failing, so they end up here. I guess i failed to help realize why my cousin was crying. The mosnter got louder, as i walked passed it and it was saying: Failure, Fail, Failure: over and over. I want out of my imagination. Its making me realize so much more sadness, but i can not stop feeling this way. I can not escape.

© 2011 Jessiee


Author's Note

Jessiee
kinda creepy. we were given directions like: where, when, how, what, and so on.
soo here it is. it was supposed to be a poem, but i turend it into a story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
Added on July 10, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2011

Author

Jessiee
Jessiee

bakersfield, CA



About
heyy im jessie im 13 and i lovvveeee to write. im shy but super nice and crazy when you get to know me. im really creative, but im always dowghting my writing. i also love to sing and take photography.. more..

Writing
bullying bullying

A Story by Jessiee