The Unfinished Dream

The Unfinished Dream

A Story by benp
"

A boy who can't complete his dream is in for a surprise when he finally does.

"

couldn't believe what I was seeing: a large cave filled with gold as far as the eye could see.

 This was a dream; a recurring dream.

The dream starts out the same: I am alone in a dense forest. I can’t see the trail behind or ahead of me; for some reason, I feel my legs moving, but I am not controlling them.

The forest becomes really dark, and I soon find myself alone in a cave filled with treasure.

 I never know what happens in the middle of the dream only that somehow I end up in this cave.

It took me several attempts to find out what happens in the middle. I tried looking ahead just before the forest becomes black, but to no avail.

Finally, one night, it happened, I finished the dream.

My legs were moving by themselves as usual, and I soon found myself at the point where the forest becomes dark, but, unlike the past dreams, my feet kept going.

The trees were getting closer and closer together, and I felt like they were a belt slowly tightening their grip on me.

Then, right before I could not take it anymore, I came across a bridge; standing in front of the bridge was some kind of ghost, completely clothed in white. It had the face of a young boy, but stood like a man.

As I approached, the ghost stretched itself completely. 

“Why are you here?” it asked with a dark but kind voice.

“I am trying to complete my dream,” I said with a little hesitation in my voice.

“If you want to get passed, you must duel me,” said the ghost as he pointed to a barrel of swords sitting on the ground.

I looked through the barrel, and picked the first sword I saw.

Before I knew it, I was in a duel with the ghost.

The battle got intense; I almost needed to take a break, before I remembered that this is my dream, and I control the action (I wish I would have remembered that before; I could have already completed this dream.) 

I stepped back, looked at the giant, and said: “you don’t exist.”

With that, the ghost vanished, leaving behind no trail of smoke.

I dropped the sword back in the barrel, and crossed the bridge.

The bridge led me into the cave with the treasure, and that is where the dream ended.

This dream may sound crazy, but for a boy who has no adventures during the day, this was exciting; and best of all, I controlled this adventure.

It was mine to design.

 

© 2013 benp


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

benp
benp

Writing
Take In the Air Take In the Air

A Poem by benp


Power To Um Power To Um

A Poem by benp