A Changin Time

A Changin Time

A Story by the writing bear

Glass shattering everywhere, dark clouds filling up the sky. People running away in panic. These were the first things to happen, in the first minutes of the worst age of the human race.

 

Monday October 5th, 3018.

 

Alarm clock rings, I hate Mondays I whisper to myself.  I hit the off button on my alarm, and sit up straight in bed. I slide my hand through my hair, of course my hair is a mess. I hang my legs over the edge of my bed. Sliding my legs into some jeans that laid on the ground. Slowly standing up closing my jeans. I look across the room searching for my T-shirt, I could swear I dropped it on my chair when I came home last night. Too lazy to turn on the lights, I walked to the closest and grapped an old sweater.

I walk down the stairs when I pick up some arguments out of my older sister her room, she must be fighting with her "boyfriend" again, and I don't like the guy he finds himself so tough.  I bet I can beat him with one arm. I know I can.

Good morning mom I say when walking in to the kitchen, good morning sweety she replies.  Where is dad? I ask.

Your father went to work few hours ago, there were some things He had to take care off.  Pfff Again... I grab the box of cereal and mix it up with some milk. I grab the remote of the table and turn up the volume of the TV.  

 

News reader: This morning the government announced that they are working on a new project, called UESP standing for “Unending Energy Supply Protocol”. Later this day research leader Professor Benson and his team of UESP Will start The UESP, The protocol will go online at 4Pm today. We will be broadcasting the event live. Energy experts say this Project is going to change the world as we know it.

Now the weather with Jessica Parker.

Thank you jimmy, it is going to be a nic….

 

The TV went black.

I looked up from the TV, Hey I was watching that? It is 8 a clock you need to head on to school, you can’t be late again. But mom? I wane See what dad has been working on all this time, He never talks about his work. Lucy not now, grab your Holowrist and tablet and don’t forget your backpack and go to school.

I am not going to win this argument with her, I never do. So I put on the holowrist, grab my tablet and slide it in my backpack. Before running out of the back door I grab an apple and take a big bite of it. Bye mom I love you. I hear her saying something back but the door was already closed.

 

I jump on my bike and ride to school, half way the park I see some of my friends from Marshall Arts training. He Lucy shouts one of the guys, Hey guys I have to get to school see you at 5 in the gym.

Few minutes later I arrive at school, students are standing in the halls talking to their friends.

When I arrive at my locker I see my best friend Thomas standing there. Hey cutie he says, I hit him on the shoulder, Good morning loser I reply.  Ouch don’t cry Thomas otherwise I have to call your mommy again. Ha ha real funny Lucy, get your books we don’t want to be late for class.

I grab some of my books and my notebook. When walking in to class Miss Brown already was starting up the holoscreen, today we going to talk about world war 3.

Does anyone know in what year World war 3 ended? Year of 2088? Yes very good Thomas.

Show off I whisper to him, ssst Pay attention I like this subject. Yeah only because you father fought in it.

But he already wasn’t listening to me anymore, I grabbed my tablet out of my backpack and started to look some things up about UESP, dad never told me about this. There is nothing on Igoogle…. Why is there no information about it? Why is it such a big deal? Miss. Benson are we paying attention?

Oh yeah miss Brown, Oh good I guess you wouldn’t mind telling us who started World war 3 then?

Uhm the Chinese? Maybe it would better if you pay more attention to class, and less to your tablet Miss Benson. Yes ma’am I am sorry. Ok so we were talking about North Korea starting a nuclear war…

I looked out of the window, why did my dad never tell me about his project? 30 minutes later the bell rings. Finally history class is over, I walk out of the class room. Hello Lucy? what? I reply. You wane come for lunch? Oh no sorry I am going outside getting some fresh air. Ok see you at math. Yeah see you there. I walk down the stairs, I see some kid getting bullied by some other kids. I hate bullies. The kid is crying and the group is just standing there laughing. I walk towards the group. One of the bullies is really tall he looks like the leader of the group. He raises his first to hit the poor kid again. HEY you, ugly face? Yes you! the big ugly one!  Don’t you wane hit someone of your own size?  piss of little girl, I can beat the crap out of you another time. Why not now? I got a free period at the moment, now would be a perfect time. The bully lowers his arm and walks towards me. I slowly step back with one foot. Don’t walk away from me now, says the bully with a laughing voice. Hah! I am not walking away from you “Little girl”.

The guy steps forward lifting his arm aiming for my head. I love when they do that, I dodge his punch by diving under his arm. Placing my shoulder in his arm pit and I throw Him over my shoulder with a hard smash he hits the ground, I stretch my arm and hit him straight in the face. When his friends see that there leaders face is full of blood they turn around and ran away. Nice friends you have I say with a big smile, Now, you should go after them and don’t come back ok? The big bully tries to get on his feet and walks away in the direction of his friends.

Hey kid you okay? I take his hand and lift him off the ground. Yeah, I have been worse. Till my surprise I see a girl with short blond hair and blue eyes, she isn't that tall and I gues she is around 15 years old. my name is Lucy by the way.  thanks for helping me with the that guy, My name is Marina. haha you are welcome I don't mind some extra exercise anyway. I walk towards the doors to head outside when I see Marina walking next to me. I gues I made a new friend today.

35 minutes have past, the sun and a good conversation with marina made me forget all about the time before i knew this awful sound went off. at least that is what I think of it. my free period is over and I have to head on to my next class.  it was nice meeting you marina, we stay in touch okay. definitely! the smile on her face is priceless. It is 2PM just one more hour and I am done, I can't wait to see what my dad has been working on this hole time. I walk into math class, ofcourse Thomas Is already sitting in the back off the class. hey nerd thanks for holding a spot for me. Youre welcome princess. at least math is one of the classes I don't hate, I don't like it but i also don't hate it. After 20 minutes of working on my assignments I can't keep the tought away, what is going to happend today.  tho they really think this project from my dad is gone change the world?  

© 2015 the writing bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on March 25, 2015
Last Updated on March 25, 2015

Author

the writing bear
the writing bear

Amsterdam, Netherlands



About
I am 18 years old, I am from the netherlands. Writing is a good way to understand and figure out our feelings and emotions. My best friend she told me to publish so here I am. more..

Writing