Tales of Oighrid the Dragon; Tale 1.

Tales of Oighrid the Dragon; Tale 1.

A Story by Bree Rose
"

A short sweet dragon with a big heart.

"

It was a sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. The grass was bright green with trees and bushes scattered around, turning it into a forest. A river was close by and near the river was a peculiar creature. What is the creature you ask? A dragon, not just any dragon. This dragon is different, she’s rather chubby with a big belly and big cheeks. Her skin is a purple that shines in the sun giving it an almost metallic look. She had black speckles on her tail and long face, she stood around six foot with stubby feet. Her chubby body had grime and dirt all over it. She had large wings that could wrap around her body.

 

This little dragon went with the name of Oighrid, meaning the speckled one. She did have speckles, all over her back and tail, her wings held few speckles. She was loyal, a sneeze was made as she sniffed the leaves. Her name was Oighrid, meaning speckled one. Oighrid went on adventures, she was going on one now. She heard the humans mention a waterfall with rubies.

 

She curiously thudded with her large stubby legs to it, the ground shook as she moved. Her belly wobbled and her tongue lobbed to one side. The dragon wasn’t very old, only being two. She could hear the water, falling from its rocks and splashing into the pit of water below. It glistened in the sunlight, the water turned brighter. Skipping to the river Oighrid stopped in place and sniffed at the water, she wobbled and fell into the water. The dragon’s head popped up and noticed she was in the water, that was when the little dragon started to splash at the water. It wasn’t too warm or icy cold. It was lukewarm. Perfect for the day like today.

 

As heard by the humans, she dived into the water. Looking for the rubies, the purple dragon saw the red shining jewels and her eyes widened in glee and delight. How would one not want one? Diving down lower, the dragon opened her mouth, scooping rubies into it. After getting a few she swam up to the surface and got out of the water. She stood on the land, rubies in mouth and shook the water off her body like a dog.

 

Oighrid was delighted with the rubies and walked to her cave with them in her possession.

© 2016 Bree Rose


Author's Note

Bree Rose
This is short and sweet, I hope it warms your heart!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on November 14, 2016
Last Updated on November 14, 2016

Author

Bree Rose
Bree Rose

Victoria, Australia



About
I love to create, writing and art are the two main things. I love to read and also do puzzles. I'm 19 years old and I want to write any form of novels. more..

Writing
Happy Happy

A Poem by Bree Rose


Lurked Lurked

A Poem by Bree Rose