Based on wolves, haven't come up with a creative title yet. CHAPTER ONE

Based on wolves, haven't come up with a creative title yet. CHAPTER ONE

A Story by Bryanna
"

This chapter introduces the main characters, and you get a little taste of the plot.

"

Panting.

Running.

No way out.

All was black, I looked back. The only light shone from where I had just ventured.

Never go back,

I can't ever go back.

My past was dragging me down. I couldn't see anything. My stress had blinded me. Why hadn't I seen this coming? I was falling now. There was bright light where I was headed. I was spiraling down into the abyss. No, no! I clawed at the blackness. I couldn't go back to the real world. I was safe in this blackness. Nothing could hurt me, and I couldn't hurt anyone. I cried out in panic.

"No! You can't make me leave!"

Suddenly, I was in my den. Alone. I looked outside. It was mid-day, why hadn't someone awakened me sooner?

"Mayko!" I growled. My now-grown pup came into view.

"Morning, sunshine!"

"Don't backtalk." I snapped, but my expression softened as quickly as it had hardened, "Why didn't anyone wake me?"

"The alpha was killed this morning in a hunt. We are all just now returning from the forest." The young male replied.

"Kasai has fallen?" My eyes were ones of shock.

'How could he be dead? He can't be... No! I can't believe it! Maybe now is the time to tell Mayko and Baya....'

"Mother, are you alright?" My grown daughter, Baya, said as she walked up behind her brother.

"No, I'm not." I said, and ran into the forest.

I ran away, the wind in my face. I was following Kasai's scent. Kasai was the father of my pups, and the single wolf I had ever loved, aside from m pups, of course. Kasai and I had mated the first season I had gone into heat. Which, was the reason I only had two pups. The other two had been miscarriaged. I was two years old, and my pups were one. As I ran, I saw their lives flash before my eyes, and Kasai's.

Kasai and I had grown up together. Our parents had been best friends, and so had we. But then we realized there was something between us and, this is how it all ended up. One of us dead. He was the alpha, but I was the daughter of two omegas. His parents had been the betas. I was, as far as the pack considered, low-life. Scum. That is why I wasn't the alpha female. Instead, it was a femal named Aura. When I finally reached his carcass, Aura was still there. I backed up a ways and howled, to ure her away. Once she was gone, I moved in on the scene.

"Kasai?"

"Storm..." I heard a very rough, yet weak, voice speak. Kasai wasn't dead!

"Kasai!" I moved close to him, and nipped his cheek playfully, "Get up! Everyone thinks you're dead."

"They aren't far off." He said. Then he coughed, and crimson liquid spattered onto my fur.

"Kas... You aren't supposed to die. We never got to run away with our pups and start a pack..." Another cough silenced me.

"I want you to be the new alpha female. Run Aura out of the territory. Get her away from here..." Another cough, followed by a long slow whine.

"But I'm the daughter of omega blood."

"Doesn't matter. Kill Aura if you have to. Take control. You can do it."

"But, I want you to lead with me." I licked his cheek. I suddenly realised his cheek was wet and salty with my tears. I wiped my face with my paw.

"I can't, Storm! Now put me out of my misery..."

"No, I can't!"

"If you truly loved me, then you wouldn't want me to go through this pain."

I whispered something to him, then quickly locked my jaws on his neck and yanked at his flesh. He was gone.

The taste of my almost-mate filled my mouth, and the same crimson liquid he had been coughing up covered my muzzle. Suddenly, Aura was on my back.

"You killed him! Murderer!" She screamed.

I was nearly twice her size. She had a lot of nerve to try and fight me, epecially now. As she clamped down on my left shoulder, I whipped my neck around and bodyslammed her into the dirt. It was all over.

"Hey, Princess. Bet you hadn't tried to fight me now, huh? This is my pack." I grabbed onto her neck and thrashed at it until the surrounding trees had blood splattered on them. I lifted my head. My entire head, neck, chest, and front legs were a menacing dark red.

I grinned maliciously and looked at the dead wolf below me, "Beautiful."

With that, I returned to where the pack gathered. Everyone looked at me strangely, and they gasped as they realized I had both of the alha's blood in my fur.

"Both of the alphas are dead. I am your new leader. if anyone wants to say otherwise, speak now or don't get killed." I snarled. One wolf opened his mouth to say something, but it snapped closed after a sharp growl from me.

"Good. I can see everyone agrees with my leadership. Onto some new rules. My two pups, Mayko and Baya, shall never be wronged. If any one of of them is even slightly offended, you will be either killed or badly injured. Secondly, nobody is allowed to leave the pack. If you don't like my pack and th wa I run things, I will personally put you on the brink of death and force those that are near and dear to you make the final bites. Third, I understand you all think I killed yor alpha. And the answer to that is..." I said, while pausing for dramatic effect, "Yes. I slaughtered them both. Follow my trail back to the deathsite, if you want proof."

"SO, without further ado, do we have any objections?"

Mayko stepped forward, followed by Baya. "Mother," Mayko began, uncertain, "how could you do this? How could you kill two innocent wolves? Kasai was going to die soon anyways, but why Aura?"

I snarled and stepped towards them, "How could I do this? i want better for my pups. I don't want either of you to be offspring of omega parents. In fact, both of your parents have led this pack. Your father lay dead in the forest. Kasai was your father. And I delivered the final bite to his neck that took him out of this world. Got anything else to say?"

Both of my pup's eyes widened and they returned to the crowd of pack members. Many of their faces were shocked, others angry, and a few were frightened.

"We go to war with the neighboring pack, the Shakti, in the morning."

I heard many 'What!?'s and 'Why!?'s.

"They have a large territory, and so do we. But we want a larger territory. So, tomorrow, the Shakti will be chased out of their lands. Soon enough, this entire valley will be ours."

I got a few nods of approval.

"All that are ready to fight for the land we deserve, come stand beside me."

About 2/3 of the pack stood near me, the rest had looks of courage.... and fright.

"I've got a deal for you all. Everyone who stood their ground, run. If you make it out of the border before one of my followers catches you, you live. Now, run."

They all took off running, "GO!" I shouted to the wolves behind me. They ran off after the escape-attempting canines. Then it dawned on my, both of my pups were running with the escape crowd. M children were leaving me.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

© 2009 Bryanna


Author's Note

Bryanna
Excuse any spelling errors, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It kinda lacked some detail after her mate died, and it seems that Storm's aditude is kinda bipolar. Other than that I really liked it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2009

Author

Bryanna
Bryanna

Not telling



About
I am Bryanna, Bry for short. I am 12 years old and I love writing! The imagination someone can put into just a few words amazes me. I have only been writing for about a year, and I ONLY write about wo.. more..

Writing