How To Clean And Maintain Dentures?

How To Clean And Maintain Dentures?

A Story by Brenda Hunter
"

Dentures are an effective and affordable way to restore a smile.False teeth should always look natural and could be able to provide more comfort. But it is very important to take care of your denture.

"

Dentists always suggest keeping removable false teeth in a glass full of water at night. Not because to clean them but to make sure that they do not dry out. If these teeth are not kept moist then it can start losing its shape.  If dental appliances are not cleaned properly then it will not only cause tooth decay or gum disease but can also develop bad breath because bacteria stick inside your mouth. Regular brushing and flossing are important to maintain good oral health.

Tips to Maintain Good Oral Health

  • Use a nonabrasive cleanser to brush your dentures twice a day.

  • Soak your dentures in disinfecting denture cleaner daily. 

  • Keep your dentures out at night, unless instructions are provided by your dentist to keep them inside. 

  • Go for regular dental checkups so that your overall oral health can be recorded by the dentist.

Your dentist can help you by telling the right procedure for denture cleaning. They can also suggest special brush or any other tool to make denture cleaning an easy task. Removing the traces of food can also become very much easier if you will know what you are doing.  If you are having soft-lined dentures then you must follow tips provided by your dentist because soft materials require special treatments.

How Can You Clean Your Dentures Naturally?

If you want to avoid chemical-based cleaning products, then there are several methods to clean your dentures with natural products at home.

Baking Soda Scrub

Baking soda is used as an ingredient in many whitening products and toothpaste. This helps to get rid of debris from teeth, not only natural teeth but it works on false teeth also. To clean your dentures using baking soda you need to create a paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of baking soda powder with enough warm water. After creating paste use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the paste all over your teeth and appliances. After scrubbing is done, you can rinse it with water.

Using Vinegar To Remove Plaque

Vinegar is highly acidic and can easily disinfect plaque and remove it from your dentures. As a homemade denture cleaner, you can use regular white vinegar, but you need to mix it with water. Soak vinegar to remove plaque from your dentures. To allow your dentures soak for about 8 hours you need to mix vinegar and water in 1:9 ratios. And for intense results in denture cleaning you can mix 50-50 water and vinegar, but need to soak for only 20 or 30 minutes.

Microwaving Dentures

Microwaving your dentures can kill very harmful bacteria from them. You must microwave your dentures at 650 watts once a week for every 2 or 3 minutes. This will help to keep bacteria at bay; you can also combine it with regular cleaning and brushing for more effective results. 

Other Cleaning Tips

The best tip to clean your dentures is that always clean them over a flooded towel or a sink full of water. this will reduce the risk of breaking your dentures if you accidentally drop them.

Conclusion

The most affordable option in the fake tooth is dentures. You need to take proper care of cleaning and maintaining these dentures. As if dentures are not cleaned properly then they can result in bad oral health and also provide a bad breath. Always ask your dentist for tips for maintaining good oral health. If you need any help in dental problems than you can contact Woodleigh Dentist Cranbourne.

Check Out Our Reviews

© 2019 Brenda Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on December 4, 2019
Last Updated on December 4, 2019
Tags: dentist cranbourne, dentist

Author

Brenda Hunter
Brenda Hunter

Los Angeles, CA



About
Meet Brenda Hunter, a 35-year-old powerhouse driving innovation at ULTIMATE WP SMS as a stellar writer. Based in the vibrant hub of Los Angeles, California, Brenda's journey began at California Univer.. more..

Writing