Shunning Shade

Shunning Shade

A Story by Brenda Alicia

Shade
The shadow that caught my eye is faint. The path I'm walking on wouldn't allow for anything more, the massive trees above enclosed the airspace and rejected any beam light.
The one that caught my eye is not predominant enough to stand out. I continued to follow the forbidding shade. I realized that it would spiral out along the edges. The wind was picking up. Like the second hand on a watch a new edge would break off and fall downwards; paralleling the movements of the wind.
Every three seconds, the shadow was followed by it's caster, which were saturated with reds and oranges; it would battle the wind the whole way down, pushing. Pulling away and towards the current. It wouldn't find it's peace until the destination was met. Each leaf the same as the last but the battle down different.
They fall together and hit the same mark onto the concrete path. After a while, a pile should form. This tree tree was small, though. The patch of dirt it sat on was pitiful. So, it might take a while and it would leave the tree bare. It was inevitable and only a matter time before it resembles an overgrown branch protruding upwards 7 feet.
The leaves it had drew away from its' sore features. They now bordered the base of the trunk almost as if placed there by hands. The branches are short and look brittle. The slightest hint of a storm would knock it out of place, then the overgrown branch would find its' place in the woods. Among the massive trees that rob the branch of it’s rightful shadow.
For now it would remain the sore thumb on the side of this path.

© 2019 Brenda Alicia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on April 1, 2019
Last Updated on April 1, 2019
Tags: Shortstory, description, dark, adjectives, simple, fast

Author

Brenda Alicia
Brenda Alicia

NJ



About
25|USA|FEMALE Writing is one of the oldest art forms known to man Words convey our affirmations, confirmations and allegations Some are driven from our soul Whilst others derive from another foun.. more..

Writing