Anguish

Anguish

A Story by Author Brenda Winters
"

Anguish is a true story about my lover and best friend.

"
When I was quite young I met Mike Webb. He was my brothers best friend. My Mother, Irene did not want me to date him because he came from a poor neighborhood.
Many years later, my brother who was a pharmacist, got Mike and I together.

We are engaged and have lived together for about 3 years. Mike was the inventor of the sleep mode on your computer when he worked at AMD and he wrote the first software for the Ethernet.

He was divorced and now has two sons. Recently he became a first time grandfather.

We live out in the country by Austin, Texas. Mike has a Master's degree from the University of Texas and is an electrical engineer.

He developed diabetes about one year ago. How we found out was he went to get new glasses and the doctor at Walmart dilated his eyes and found bleeding inside both of them.

He sent Mike to an eye specialist who said he had diabetes.

He applied for disability. He could not work because he could not see and he had two diabetic foot ulcers.

We have not paid our taxes on this large expensive home in 4 years so we may end up in a bad way.
I feel anguish and Mike has given so much to the World and they do nothing to help him

Without medication or surgery he may go blind. I am angry because I know he is disabled  and yet two doctors said he was not. I am a retired nurse of 35 years and book Author.



My question is this-if he goes blind because he has no money for proper eye treatment-won't it cost the government more than if they had given him his disability and treatments?

© 2016 Author Brenda Winters


Author's Note

Author Brenda Winters
Hope you enjoy the short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please excuse the typos. I have a new and great HP computer but I type with one finger and cannot do touch type well s I just type, andI get wrong letters.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on August 29, 2016
Tags: Anguish, Life, Diabetes, Sorrow, Depression

Author

Author Brenda Winters
Author Brenda Winters

Austin, TX



About
Author of over 250 books on Amazon and Nook more..

Writing