Con't Insomniac Killer

Con't Insomniac Killer

A Story by William Brett Starr
"

A continued story

"
As a Psychologist/ Psychiatrist, I have the most unpleasant opportunity to justify as to the life that had been led by an individual. This that I speak; it is not much more that an inquisitive thought and summation. I had received a package just the other day. I had been doing some summarizing of some of the most heinous criminals in the judicial system and I would gather that my reputation so does make me pause. Oh well; I would have to admit, this package and its contents can be so much a part of my current summaries.
My attention was first directed to a voice recorder. A small device with a large capacity for information. I would begin the recorder and found the contents intriguing. I sat and listened to a man that was finally at the end of his life.
"My name is Detective Patrick Lahn. I am thirty-two years of age. I am married. I was out with some friends and my wife, she was at home with a good book. I was on my way home. I had call her from the tavern in which my friends would..."
As this recording had started, I found the intrigue beginning to fade. I pulled out the folder that had accompanied the recorder. A note had been attached also. The note just stated that it would be appreciated for my opinion as to what and why about the demise of this poor man. Poor man, if he were innocent, I would marry the first virgin to walk through my door. This detective, he had not a blemish on his record. He was well decorated. His wife, I found it odd that she had not been seen for such a period of time.
Allow me to give you a bit of history. Patrick Lahn had been accepted to the Academy in the year of '89'. He was a beat cop for five years. He had his first promotion and by the time he had ten years, he passed the Sergeant's exam. After another two years, he was given a promotion to become a Detective. In 2006, Detective Patrick Lahn married a quiet gal named Gail Lawnson. They had the problems that most newlyweds would go through and nothing would point to anything serious. The financial end of the marriage was not bad, she had a good job and it would supplement well. They had lived modestly well.
On the night of August 07, 2008, Detective Lahn had been out with friends, this was after a quarrel with his bride. He was to vent his frustrations to his friends at the Killit Pub. After the venting and a few drinks, Detective Lahn would leave and climb into his car. Being intoxicated, the Detective should not have been on the road that evening. He began his trek home at eleven and it would have been a fifteen minute drive. The Detective would swerve from hitting what he had believed to be a deer. His car swerved off of the road and flipped at least two or three times. Because of the speed that he had been driving and the road conditions as they were, the assumption was that the Detective had to had been going at least eighty miles an hour at the time of his over correction to his vehicle. The emergency vehicles had been called and arrived within ten minutes. The car had settled and the driver, he was not in the driver's seat. He was found fifty yards away. He was in a shallow cave. His body was cut and bruised, His head had suffered a contusion and the blood that had seeped out of his woulds was very well apparent. He was unconscious as the paramedics would work on him and then transport him to the nearby hospital.
I would have went back to the recording but alas, even I need my rest.

© 2010 William Brett Starr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on February 11, 2010
Last Updated on February 11, 2010

Author

William Brett Starr
William Brett Starr

Kingsburg, CA



About
I am married. My wife Pam and I have been married for five years now. This my second chance and this is her first and only, as she puts it. I love tell the story and I would have to guess that is why .. more..

Writing