Hope: Silver Skull (Short for Movie)

Hope: Silver Skull (Short for Movie)

A Screenplay by Brian Maitland
"

A #1 seller comic book writer wants to change his city for the better so he disguises himself as his comic book character "Silver Skull" fighting crime. But, he may realize what hope really means.

"
Hope: Silver Skull( A Short)
VOICE OVER: I'm just a normal guy.
CUT TO A MAN AT A DESK WRITING
Who knew I would become the #1 comic book writer of 2015!
MONTAGE OF INTERVIEWS AND NEWS ARTICLES
But what's even crazier is that I'm not just a comic book writer. I'm something much more.
HOPE: SILVER SKULL
MONTAGE OF DRUG DEALS, MURDER STORIES AND ROBBERY'S
VOICE OVER: The city I live in is sick. That's why I created "Silver Skull". He's a vigilante that is supposed to give people hope and encourage them to do the right thing. I guess some people are okay with their sins and their lifestyle.
CUT TO THE MAN IN THE BED
VOICE OVER: I just want this city to feel hopeful and not completely afraid of going outside at night. I guess a comic book doesn't do that, I guess I have to step it up a bit. i have to be the Silver Skull.
MONTAGE: Putting on a black sweater, shoes, putting a gun in his pocket and then.. holding a Silver Skull mask.
CUT TO OUTSIDE
A man with a mask sneaks around a house. Silver Skull drops behind him quietly. The man looks around, nobody's there. He turns around a Silver Skull punches him in the face. A fight starts between them and Silver Skull ultimately wins. 
MONTAGE OF SILVER SKULL KICKING CRIMINALS BUTTS
VOICE OVER: This vigilante is cleaning up the city some people are saying.
He's awesome! I want his mask.
I love what he's doing, but he could be less violent.
He sais he's trying to bring hope to the city. He's doing a fine job but he couldn't find a less scarier mask.
I love the comics and it's awesome that he's actually real. It makes you wonder if Spider-Man is in New York right now.
CUT TO SILVER SKULL
I'm finally doing what needs to be done. I know it's gonna be hard and slow, but this is the right thing to do. I've given people hope. They don't have to be scared anymore to go out and take their dogs for walks. This is what had to be done. This is what needed to be done. This is hope.
CREDITS

© 2015 Brian Maitland


Author's Note

Brian Maitland
Ignore any grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on March 29, 2015
Tags: Hope, short, movie, superhero, vigilante

Author

Brian Maitland
Brian Maitland

windsor, Canada



About
I want to be a screenwriter more..