Dark room

Dark room

A Story by Indescribed

There's this girl with a broken smile and a broken heart, she's been living with her mother and her mother's new boyfriend. She tends to sleep almost all day and just about all night. Her window is covered with a black blanket so that the sun can't shine through. The only light in her room is her computer when it's on, unless she turns the light on for something. She rarely leaves her room for anything. She just lays in her bed, crying, in total darkness. In the darkness she feels a calm wash over her soul. She feels safe for awhile, like nothing can hurt her. The time passes by and for the time that she's in her dark room she feels okay, she feels as if the world isn't so bad, and that maybe someday soon she will be able to embrace the cruel world again, but for now she fights her fears and heartache in her cold dark room, alone. Her room gives her clarity, it gives her the time and space she needs to think. To think about everything that has happened the past few months and time to think about what she would like to do with her life. And as time passes, she can feel herself getting stronger, but at the same time, she can feel herself getting weaker. The thought scares her for the fact that she may one day break completely, because right now she's holding onto her sanity by a thread, that's slowly getting thinner. She has a lot to overcome and a lot to deal with, she's made a lot of mistakes and made a few bad choices, but she's afraid it will affect her future, she's afraid she'll never know who she is, because right now she doesn't know who she is, or who she wants to be and she's scared to let anyone that doesn't know her in. She's scared to open up, but at the same time she's ready for someone new to come and make her smile, so she can be okay for a little while. She's a tough few years, her step father passed away on Christmas eve two years ago, the love of her life left her, her mother is threatening to kick her out on her 19th birthday, she has no job, she doesn't have her grade 12 education, she's broke, her father is sick with diabetes, her family is a feud with each other over pointless drama. She reads and writes and draws to escape the pain of it all, and she writes to feel something more than pain. All she needs is someone to be there for her, and tell her that everything is going to be okay, because they love her, and they believe in her, and that they are there for her no matter what. She's been stuck in this dark place for months now and she's scared that she'll be stuck in this dark place, in this dark room forever. 

© 2014 Indescribed


Author's Note

Indescribed
thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014

Author

Indescribed
Indescribed

Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia, Canada



Writing
Timeless Timeless

A Poem by Indescribed