penultimate chapter

penultimate chapter

A Story by Bridle.L
"

one of the closing chapters in a larger book

"

Eric swept the gun out of Carlos’ hand; it skated across the marble floor of the villa, landing just in front of the bomb. Carlos was surprised, but his instincts tool control quickly. His spare left hand swept into Eric’s rib cage. The crunching sound that accompanied it was not dissimilar from nails down a black board, as two of the bottom left of Eric’s ribs fractured instantly.  Eric responded in kind his right hand pummelled into Carlos’ small face and squinty eyes. Immediately a squirt of blood leapt from Carlos’ nose. 

Staggering backwards Carlos took a moment to recuperate. As did Eric, nursing his shattered ribs, in this moment Eric’s concentration wavered for just a second, this was enough time for Carlos to draw the 5 inch long knife he kept permanently on his hip.  He lunged and slashed horizontally, Eric recoiled, the blade missed his abdomen by mere millimetres. Acting quickly Eric pulled off the leather jacket he was wearing.  He span it round in his hands creating a thick cord of leather in the centre.  Carlos, unperturbed circled Eric waiting for a chance to strike.  He stabbed directly at Eric’s chest. Eric caught the blade directly in the centre of the chord of leather he now held. It sank 3 inches into the jacket. Wasting no time Eric yanked down hard ripping the now stuck knife from Carlos’ hand.

Spurred on by the close shave the knife had caused, Eric doubled his efforts.  An uppercut to the jaw was quickly followed by a roundhouse to the solar plexus. Carlos once again staggered back, disorientated and winded.  He now stood directly in front of a huge balcony; next to him was his desk.  Gasping for breath that just wouldn’t come, Carlos saw his opportunity. There on the desk a letter opener lying just within reach. Unfortunately for him Eric had also seen the letter opener. He couldn’t chance Carlos getting another blade. He had chucked the jacket away, he glanced around the sparsely furnished office. There was nothing within reach to defend him with. He had just one option. He ran as fast as he could straight into Carlos. Crouching as he ran, he grasped him between his arms and ran till he hit the balcony. The stone guard was only 3 foot high.  Using him to cushion the blow Eric flipped over the railing. Still clutching a now toughly shocked Carlos Eric flipped as he fell from the third story. 

The pair landed on the bonnet of Carlos’ Rolls-Royce. The flip had just about been 360 degrees Carlos had landed on the bottom causing a considerable dent in the car. As Eric’s vision went blurry and black rings closed in on the centre of his vision. He prised himself from the bonnet, He stared at Carlos’ Limp body, perplexed by the glinting object protruding from his chest. A blood stained oversized Rolls-Royce hood ornament had stabbed its way through his body as he had crashed into the bonnet. 

Eric fought unconsciousness for the 2nd time in just a few moments. He lost the fight his body sank limply onto the immaculate gravel driveway. His mission was done the target had been eliminated. He faintly head sirens in the distance as his vision finally drew into blackness. The last thing he remembered was the sound of the beautiful bird calls from nearby, and the morbid drip drip of blood running down the wheel arches of the Rolls-Royce phantom. 

© 2011 Bridle.L


Author's Note

Bridle.L
i'm concerned about the quality of this chapter in particular, any help/advice is greatly appreciated.Still in first draft stage so please excuse any punctuation/grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011

Author

Bridle.L
Bridle.L

----, Guernsey



About
I live in the little island of Guernsey. I probably wont be uploading for a while but im working on something quite long and hope to test the waters on here :) more..

Writing
vir esto vir esto

A Poem by Bridle.L