Simple Solution

Simple Solution

A Poem by BrightEyes
"

- off the flash, purge more than a poem maybe

"

 

It could have been so easy

Resolved without fanfare

No need for public applause

Could have kept the odes, the sonnets

Roses or lilacs were no requirement

Candy is consumed and then forgotten

Words spoken to friends

Could have been voiced elsewhere

Turned into conversation, discussion

Resolution the goal

It would have been so easy

Simplistic really

If you’d only spoken to me

© 2008 BrightEyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

People including ourselves sometimes do make things worse then they
need to be. Half the time it's the ones who you see all day who avoid
you so that they may talk about you to others. Then everyone else
sees the situation as their problem also and tries to make it right. I
love how this puts all of that fustration into a bottle.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
nice build till the end!!....i actually laughed...a he he he laugh...


x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it!! I totally get this very witty writing!! Bravo!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

There is a book called the Five Love Languages, that talks about how different people have different languages when it comes to love. I had picked up a couple of copies of it, one for myself and one for the ex (before she was the ex). I read my copy. She never looked at her copy. It talks about the whole falling in love process, where we have a tendency to be what the other person wants us to be. After a period of time, we resort to ourselves. Often, this can leave both partners wondering just who they are with - this new person not being the one they fell in love with. This is the point where the decision needs to be made if there is enough love remaining to work on the relationship - with both sides. One person cannot do it alone. If they do, they may find that part of the problem is that they do not speak the same language of love. What means "I love you" to one person may not cut it with the other (and vice versa). It is not easy work, but it is possible if both sides are willing - that they can learn how "I love you" can be shown so the other understands. They have a quiz to determine your love language, and you can share that with each other. This looks to be a case where possibly two people simply had different languages, or there could have been more beneath the surface. It is just what stood out to me, and I really like what the book talks about - so yeah, I am plugging it in another review (I have in a few here and there - lol).

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

571 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2008

Author

BrightEyes
BrightEyes

PA



About
This is not my favorite Frost poem, but it is my first Frost poem. Dropped within another book I was reading at age 9, I never forgot it. While I wrote short stories at the time, it was my inspirati.. more..

Writing
Every Day Every Day

A Poem by BrightEyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..