and then you came along

and then you came along

A Poem by rowan.taylorrr
"

finally finding love is an amazing feeling.

"
when i was a little girl i always had this image and perception of what love is supposed to feel like, and what love is supposed to look like. in the little eyes of a brown eyed wonder, love was butterflies and lollipops. but then, love was dimmed sunsets and power outs. lastly, love was bruised skin and words of steel. i grew up believing that love is broken hearts and teardrops. as young teen i ran to the ones that i knew would break me, to the ones that i knew didn’t deserve me. when i pictured my wedding i pictured a family gathering that was pronouncing a marriage that would only last for a few years, a marriage that would end due to lack of communication. this was all until i met you. the moment i met you i was like a dear in headlights. every single broken plate and every single hole in the wall disappeared from my childhood memories. i looked into your eyes and i remember feeling at ease, as if all of my preconceptions of love vanished. you have completely turned my entire life around. you have made me believe in boat rides and slow music. you have made me believe that people can be just as in love as they look like they are. you have made me believe that a full moon still exist. i spent my life up until now thinking that i deserved pain, that i deserved to feel as if i would never equal up to anything. i spent my nights crying in my room just wishing that i would be good enough, maybe even just for a split second. and now you make me feel good enough all the time, you make me feel beautiful, even if it’s in my own way. when you hold me i feel like nothing can ever hurt me again, and when you kiss me i feel like all of my chaos has stopped, and my world starts spinning again. what i look forward to the most is spending the rest of my life with you. that means spending the bad days together, and the good days. that means laying in bed together all day when the world is just a little too dark. that means waking up from nightmares only to see that our dream come true is right there in front of us. it also means cooking in the kitchen together while blaring elton john. it also means watching greys anatomy until we laugh from crying so hard. but most of all, it means i get to love you for the rest of my life, and that right there is the most important gift i will ever receive.

© 2019 rowan.taylorrr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent and honest.

Love can be revolutionary.

Posted 4 Years Ago


remarkable i wonder who it’s about ;)

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 24, 2019
Last Updated on July 24, 2019

Author

rowan.taylorrr
rowan.taylorrr

MO



About
she - her 21 chaotic writer more..