No Hummus at Aldi

No Hummus at Aldi

A Story by Bruce

I had weird sex dreams about someone I hated. The crust in my eyes was overwhelming. My bank account was negligible. The erection I had was full tilt.  My stiffy was baffling knowing that it was engendered by someone I had complete disdain for.
No booze in 10 days. That was a first. It started off when I yelled at my Dad, who throughout my entire life has been aloof and selfish. I still felt guilty.
Walk those ten paces. Turn on CBS. Wonder what the President will say. Laugh a bit. Cry a bit. Jerk off. Wonder when it will be ok again,
I really don't know. Put on my used and abused Nike gym shorts and read the latest echo chamber on Reddit. 
ORANGE MAN BAD
I chuckle a bit at the hypocrisy and stub my toe on an errant baseboard in my apartment. 
Yes I still have a job.
The last relationship I had ended really badly.  We met in the midst of me losing my previous job. I did not tell her because I was a f*****g coward. I thought the sex would make up for it but I was entirely too stressed at the time and could not perform. She was also severely balding  which was a huge turnoff and made it worse.
Never had that problem before. I guess I get bored of things quite easily.
So here I am in my apartment alone staring at these four walls. I fantasize about black girls and being in my early twenties. I wish I had a do over. 
I call my dad, we briefly talk but it is clear to me at this point that he does not really have any interest in what I have to say or how I am feeling. While drinking a cup of coffee I I cut my wrist open a bit. I watch the red drops form on my pillow.
The empty beer bottles are a constant reminder of my failure

© 2020 Bruce


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey,

This’ll be pretty brief - obviously the story is pretty brief. I don’t know if it was intended, but you captured a textbook narcissist pretty well. Like a snapshot into the mind. Zero true empathy, feeling low about himself, calling his dad and hanging up when pops refuses to address his problems. I still feel for the dude - even narcissism isn’t really the fault of a narcissist, but that guy is kind of a dick with a pretty glaring lack of self-awareness. If that’s what you were going for, bravo! If not, bravo!

The pace was pretty good, too. Got the feeling of boredom, depression, self-loathing, and loneliness in the slow sentence structure. Not bad stuff, for what it’s worth.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2020
Last Updated on August 8, 2020

Author

Bruce
Bruce

Chicago, IL



About
“Everything is more complicated than you think. You only see a tenth of what is true. There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make. You can destroy your life every ti.. more..

Writing
1/0 1/0

A Poem by Bruce


Lazarus Lazarus

A Story by Bruce


Penance Penance

A Poem by Bruce